12.28.2010

GAME DAY!!!!!!

Scott had to run to work this morning to get things completely squared away for his deployment. It turns out they are letting him leave on Sunday instead of Saturday, he just had to arrange for his airline ticket. Yea for that! Scott took Abby with him to work and said she was very good and spent her time drawing and eating tootsie rolls! Mckenzie and I stayed at home while the housekeeper was here. I felt bad because the house was such a mess from taking down all the Christmas decorations last night. I didn't want to have to take everything down by myself so as much as it sucked, we took things down early. We did leave the tree up because the girls were upset by the idea of everything being gone. We can take that down later this week! Scott took both girls out on a date to Chick fil A for lunch. He said they had so much fun and made some new friends! I ran to Target while they were out to pick up a new storage system for the toys in the playroom. Both girls were supposedly napping in our room when I got home. Turns out, they were playing in there instead. So, Abby came downstairs to play and Mckenzie took a nap. Then, it was time for us to go to the game! Scott and I went to our first NFL game tonight. Vikings vs. Eagles. We were expecting a blowout since the Vikings have been playing terrible and Farve was still out, but it turns out the Vikings won!!!! 24-14!!!! It was so fun. At first I was a little nervous to be cheering so much since every time we cheered for the Vikings, people would give us dirty looks, but finally I decided it didn't matter! One guy behind us joked that as long as we were in the stadium we were safe, but as soon as we got to the parking lot, there was no telling. I find it funny that people get annoyed that we wanted to cheer for our team, as though we should sit there quietly when our team did something good. Seriously people, we are fans just like you. I don't begrudge you cheering for your team, you should have the same respect for me! Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I am so glad that we got to have a date. I am really going to miss Scott and I hope this time goes quickly! Getting out of the parking lot took quite a bit of time, but we made it home by 1. Mckenzie gave our babysitter a tough time, not wanting to go to sleep and she ended up putting her in our room. I managed to transfer the little bugger without her waking up so I am very happy for that!
vikes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers