10.30.2012

304/366

We lost power last night around 1030. The girls were already in bed so happily they were not affected. I, on the other hand, had a hard time falling asleep listening to the gusts of wind and watching the curtains move when a gust would blow the right way (our windows in our bedroom are not the greatest and seem to have air leaks).  To pass the time today, we ventured out to do a little shopping and get lunch. On the way out of our neighborhood, I saw a teenager lying in the street. I went to check on him and he was in and out of consciousness. I'm not sure how long he had been laying there, but it was obvious he had hit his head. Another lady was walking down the street and she called 911 while I went to find the kid's parents. The paramedics/police arrived and the girls and I left to take care of our errands. I felt so bad for the kid and his parents. They were so distraught. I can't imagine how scared I would have been if that had been my child laying in the street.

Anyway, we ran our errands and met a friend for a late lunch. I was hoping the power would be on by the time we got back, but no such luck! We worked on carving pumpkins. Abby actually cleaned out her pumpkin all by herself this year while Mckenzie wanted nothing to do with the insides :) She did try though and that is all I ask. I carved SpongeBob for Abby and Cinderella for Mckenzie. I think this may be the third year in a row that we have done Cinderella so I feel like a pro at that one by now! A friend invited us over for dinner so it was a relief that I didn't have to worry about what to serve the kids for dinner.  

001 mckenzie pumpkin002 abby pumpkin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers