3.12.2013

Welcome Cooper!!!

What an amazing day! We welcomed our third blessing into this world at 12:54 AM. Cooper Thomas arrived quickly and healthy! He weighed in at 8lbs 15 oz and was 21.5 inches long.  He looks like his oldest sister and he cried only a little bit after birth like his other sister. So, maybe he will be a blending of the two :) He was a bit blue after delivery, but the neonatologist said it was bruising from his quick exit!

I don't even know how to describe how I felt after his birth. It was the most amazing experience (just like the two before) and I wish I was a better writer so I could really explain just how magical it was. As soon as I saw his beautiful face, my heart melted and I was in love. The pain from delivery disappeared the moment he placed his face on my chest and snuggled into my body. It was wonderful to finally hold him in my arms after months of wondering what he would look like and what it would feel like to cradle his little bitty body against mine. The sound of his tiny cries was truly beautiful and I was so relieved to finally see that he did have 10 teeny fingers and toes and he really was a boy. He was perfect and cradling him in my arms and kissing his precious face after he arrived was the most perfect moment. I am in love all over again and I am so thankful God blessed our family with another incredible child.

We let Abby skip school today so the girls could meet their little brother. Boy were they excited! They both had huge smiles on their faces and they just couldn't get enough of him, always wanting to be the one to hold him. I pray they will continue to dote on him like this even after he's been around awhile...

204 Cooper b&w213 Cooper Barb b&w214 barb scott cooper217 Cooper Scott230 Cooper Scott b&w232 Cooper003 Abby cooper009 Mckenzie Cooper234 Mckenzie Cooper Abby Barb edit027 Abby Scott Cooper Mckenzie049 Cooper062 Cooper076 MCkenzie Cooper080 Abby Cooper

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Barb! He's beautiful! I love the picture of you with your three babes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa! It feels good to be finally catching up on the blog. Those first weeks always seem to be a whirlwind!

      Delete

Followers