1.16.2010

Abby's fourth birthday!
















Well, four years ago at 6:27 pm Scott and I were blessed with our first daughter. Abby was an amazing gift then and still today. Every day she teaches us something or shows us a different way to look at things. Her innocence and yearning for knowledge is so enjoyable. I cannot imagine my life without our two little blessings that bring such joy and love to every day. They also make me very tired, but I think that is a small cost for a priceless reward!



We just vegged around our TLF room today. Abby and I baked her birthday cake together. I love how much she loved helping me. You could just see how proud she was to bake her cake! When it was done, it wasn't the prettiest cake I had ever seen, but it was the cake we made together! Kind of ironic how much she wanted to make the cake, but only ate a couple of bites, preferring to eat her chocolate chip ice cream instead! Abby had a great time opening her gifts. I just love her little squeals when she opened something she really wanted. We went outside to play on the little playground out here ( sure would have been nice to have that during our long stay in Altus). The girls had a blast running around, chasing each other and Scott. Scott was spinning Abby around and around. Abby must have had enough because when Scott put her down, she fell to the ground and said "I can't take it anymore". She cracks me up. Oh, it also makes me laugh when she scolds us and puts her hands on her hips. It is so cute to see the mannerisms she has picked up from me. It was a busy day and I was so glad to get the girls down for bed. Now, lets just hope they stay there all night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers