1.22.2010

First Target trip :)


Today was a big day, at least for me. The girls and I headed off base by ourselves for the first time. I only needed a fingernail clipper for the kids (which I am sure I could have gotten at the BX on base) but I determined we needed to go to Target to get it. Now mind you, it takes nearly 45 minutes to get there, so it was quite the journey just for a fingernail clipper, so I had to buy a few other things to make the trip worth it :-) (BTW, when Scott got home, he found the "lost" fingernail clipper within 10 seconds that I had searched all over for)  I managed to get there and back with a stop at Chick-fil-A without getting lost or into an accident with these Jersey drivers!!! Yea for me and thank God for GPS!!! I got the cutest chair for Mckenzie's new room. She looked so cute sitting in it~it is a little big yet for her, but Abby was happy to help her in. Abby got a new bean bag for her room and happily played on that. Although, she wanted Mckenzie to share her new chair that is definitely made for two! Abby kept trying to climb on top on Mckenzie and poor M was getting so upset!

We had spaghetti for dinner and as usual, Mckenzie made a big mess.  When I pulled her away from the table, she saw the mess she had left on the floor and her eyes got really big and she said "UH OOOHHH". Adorable.
Another day of a fabulous four year old tantrum! This time it was over gummy bears. We had just gotten up from the dinner table where Abby had told us she was full, and she was asking for her gummies. We told her she could have them, but she needed to wait a little bit until we had finished doing the dishes. Well, that sure didn't set right with her, and so began the looooonnnnng, drawn out tantrum. Fortunately, once she got over it, Abby was back to her loveable, silly, little self. Running around and begging to be tickled. She loves to be tickled. Both girls love to be tickled. I love to listen to their giggles and laughs. Scott likes to tease Abby and say to her he has a secret to tell her. She snuggles in real close and then he tickles away. Her laughs are so wonderful. He always get Mckenzie too. She is really ticklish under her arms and Scott can make her laugh the loudest. I hope I never forget the sound of their laughs. Those and their smiles. Priceless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers