1.21.2010

A little liberty for all



Today we had a little history lesson in Philadelphia. We took the kids to see the Liberty Bell and Constitution Hall. Scott and I had a great time looking at everything, but I think the kids liked running around and playing in the piles of snow the best. It was so cute to watch them kick a pile of snow and then look up at us and laugh. Mckenzie fell asleep in the car and when she woke up Abby asked so sweetly "How was your nap Kenzie? Was it good?" She used the most gentle and sweet voice. It was just precious. I love moments like that between the girls. Or when they have so much fun together all you hear is laughter coming from their room! Tonight I helped Abby build a bigger fort than yesterday's and it was so cute to watch the two of them play in there. The girls have a ladybug and a sea turtle that light up and Abby brought both into the fort and had the lights off in the room. She was so proud of her idea to use them as light.
Oh, we had our first real Philly cheesesteak sandwiches today. I asked for my without onions, but unfortunately, that didn't happen. So, I set a great example for the kids by picking the onions out and spitting my food out when a sneaky little onion made its way into my mouth! I am hoping the girls will pick up on Scott's love of veges and ignore my distaste for them :) All in all, it wasn't a bad sandwich, but I think both of us were hoping for something more. I think we have plenty of time to find the best cheesesteak.

2 comments:

  1. Remember all the forts we used to make in my basement? You must be a pro at making them for the girls!! I think by the time we got it all set up I was usually bored with it and wanted to do something else right? You were always a good sport! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love making forts! This was good as always :) I think you are right. You were bored or it was time for me to go home. Seemed like I always had to go just as we got started on something:)

    ReplyDelete

Followers