12.31.2012

366/366

New Year's Eve. As I reflect on this past year, I realize how blessed we are. The girls are healthy and growing and learning like they should. We are adding a boy to this girly house sometime in March. I know Scott is ecstatic about that! Abby started first grade and has really blossomed, especially in reading. Mckenzie is in her last year of Pre-K where she is surrounded by loving teachers and great friends. I ran my first big race (10 miles) and even though my time wasn't great, I did it! There were so many times during the training that I thought I wouldn't be able to do it and during the run, I wanted to give up so many times, but I didn't. I didn't give up because I am stubborn and Scott was beside me to push me along when that wasn't enough. He's good like that. Always there for me and the girls. A steady force that keeps our family strong. I couldn't have asked for a better partner in life and father for our children. Scott ran his first half marathon and he rocked it! I am so proud of how dedicated he was to training for it and for finishing!

Is our life perfect? Heck no. But it is our life and the good outweighs the bad on just about any given day.  It has been a wonderful year for us and I look forward to the exciting events of 2013.

To celebrate the New Year, we let the girls stay up a little later than normal (no way could Mckenzie make it to midnight) to watch a movie. Scott and I stayed up to watch the ball drop and then called it a night.


012 Abby Mckenzie New Years Eve


014 Mckenzie Abby movie night new years eve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers