2.22.2010


It was Abby's first day of preschool in New Jersey. She was up and ready to go, telling Scott she needed to get dressed so she could go to school. The day was little difficult for the both of us, but I think Abby did enjoy being with kids her own age again. When I went to drop her off, Abby got really shy and started clinging to me, not wanting to go into the classroom. The director of the school was fabulous and she brought another little girl from Abby's class into the hallway so Abby could meet her. Abby then decided it was ok to leave me and go see her new room. What a relief. I was ready to cry and ready to pick her up and take her back home. I went to pick her up a little early and was happy to see that she was busy working on her science projects in her Ooey Gooey Science class. They were learning about brushing their teeth. She was so excited to see me and came crashing into my arms. I love those moments. Scott and I asked her if she wanted to go back and she said no. Then she changed her mind and said maybe Monday. I think by Wednesday she will be ready to give it a go again. Of course, I could always tell her it is Monday if she protests. She still doesn't really know the difference...
Mckenzie is such a little ham. She has started yelling at Dakota. For instance, Dakota will bark and we will tell her no. Well, we don't need to bother anymore with little miss Mckenzie. She is right on top of that. Screaming "no, no, NO" and shaking her finger at the dog. Mckenzie gets this little frown on her face when she is telling the dog what to do. I just love it. We unfortunately had to do more glitter art tonight. Abby's friend Jordan sent her a Valentines card and Abby decided she needed to make her a glitter picture. We ended up making several to mail to her friend. I love doing art with the girls, I just wished the dog liked to eat the glitter so I didn't have to sweep it up. She eats everything else. Her begging at the table is terrible and I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that Mckenzie takes a bite for herself and then drops one for Dakota.

1 comment:

  1. Oh phew, I thought the end of that was going to say something about her stay with us LOL!! We never had her by the table during dinner, never! hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers