2.03.2010

Ok Whatever! That is Abby's new saying. She loves to use it. I have absolutely, positively no idea where she possibly could have ever heard that! Right! Now I guess I need to quit saying it if we expect her not to say it. Mckenzie is hilarious to watch while Abby plays the Wii. She oohs and aahhs over everything she does and she sure isn't quiet about it! Hard to believe one of my kids is loud! We are starting to get settled in. The movers brought our stuff on Monday and so far aside from a few damaged things (my dresser, the piano, a lamp, the coffee pot...) most everything showed up in decent condition. I was so nervous since the crew that moved our belongings from Pace didn't appear to be the most reputable. Glad I was wrong about them! We have been slowing unpacking our boxes. I worked on both girls' rooms today and that was a big chore! I don't know what was more work. Unpacking the boxes or picking up the toys many times over! I kept asking Abby to help me and pick up her toys. Her response? "Momma, I am just so happy to have my toys again." Whatever. You can't argue with that. I am sure she has missed her things. The house is shaping up, I just can't wait until all the boxes are gone and the pictures are on the wall.  We are finding a few quirks with the house. Like you can't use the heated dry on the dishwasher because it won't clean the dishes if you do. I do NOT like hand drying my dishes after they have been in the dishwasher. This may become an issue for me. As well as there are no towel holders in the bathrooms. Really? I am supposed to leave my towel just lying on the counter? Of course not. I bought those suction cup mounted hooks and put them on the mirrors. Tacky? Yes. Functional? Definitely.  Got an inch or so of snow this morning. The trees were just beautiful. It has already melted, but it sounds like we will be getting some more this weekend. Hopefully not too much. My car barely fits into the garage (that by the way doesn't have an opener) so I don't want to have to clean my windows off if I go anywhere. Thank goodness I have a wonderful husband to take care of that for me!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get everything unpacked and hung quickly! I think you are better about that than me. We STILL have pictures propped against the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, the reason you have pictures yet to be hung is you want it to be perfect. When you are done, it will be beautiful and look like it came from a pottery barn catalog. Me? I have to get them up right away because if I wait, there is no point since we will be moving.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers