9.10.2011

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mckenzie had her first ballet class today. She was so excited to go but when we got there, the hesitation set in. She is used to me participating in gymnastics with her so when I didn't join her on the dance floor, she got very upset. The owner sat with her for a bit, but Mckenzie was so worked up, that she wasn't going to go back on the floor. So, I sat with her next to the dance floor. After a lot of prodding, I was able to get her to get out of my lap and stand on the dance floor right next to me. A little more prodding got her to start tapping her foot (they did tap first today) and a little more got her to move a few steps away from me. She finally went out onto the dance floor when it was time to do ballet. I told her she needed to have her name written on the bottoms of her ballet slippers and her teachers were the only ones that could do it. That along with the promise of gum got her onto the floor. She stayed out the rest of the time (maybe 10-15 minutes), but she wasn't happy. I could tell she wanted to be there and she wanted to participate, she just was so scared to be without me in a room of people she didn't know. After it was over, she told me she had fun so that is a good thing! I hope next week is better. We talked about how next time she has to go out by herself and she agreed, but she's only three. I'm guessing she will change her mind by next week! Abby was very upset that she didn't get to go to class today, but Scott was able to calm her down. 015 Mckenzie first day of ballet 023 Mckenzie first day of ballet 024 mckenzie first day ballet 017 Mckenzie first day of ballet Mckenzie was giving herself a hug before class in this picture :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers