5.19.2012

140/366

Today felt like such a role reversal around here. Scott stayed home with the girls and I went to the base for a C-17 flight. Every once in a while, the base offers a flight for the spouses and I decided to go along since this could very well be my last opportunity to do so. Who knows when we will get an assignment or where it will be so I figured it was best to take advantage of the opportunity while we are still here. It was interesting to learn about what all goes into a flight, not just from a pilot's perspective, but from the maintenance group perspective as well. I enjoyed getting close to the plane and taking photographs, but that is where my enjoyment ended. Apparently I have a weak stomach and cannot handle a super bumpy flight. Sweating profusely, turning as pale as possible and praying I didn't throw up is not my idea of a good time. Out of the hour and a half flight, I think I may have enjoyed about 5 minutes of it. Needless to say, I was happy to be back on the ground and headed home for a nice nap :) Scott got to hang out with the girls all day. He took them to dance and out to lunch. I love that he enjoys spending so much time with his girls :)

Scott and I had a fundraiser tonight for Mckenzie's preschool. It was a beef and beer at a nearby restaurant. We had a really good time hanging out with our friends. It sure is nice to get out on a date every once in awhile. We had a new babysitter tonight and I am happy to say that it worked out well. It is always a bit nerve wrecking to have someone different watching the girls, but she was really nice and the girls liked her a lot.


041 C-17


033 spouse flight


027 c-17


050 Spouse flight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers