10.12.2011

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Do you ever have those moments where you are overwhelmed by how lucky you really are? I had one of those moments tonight as I was out running errands by myself. Maybe it was because I was all alone in the car with no noise by my own voice, but I was overcome by how thankful I am. I have been blessed with an amazing family, both my family and my family by marriage. : I have the most amazing, kind, smart husband who loves me unconditionally. (Oops, I forgot funny. He is very funny. sometimes.) I have been blessed twice with beautiful girls who stole my heart before I even met them. They are my world and they are both so special to me. I have parents who loved me enough to raise me with good values, even if it meant they heard "I hate you" or "you are so mean" a thousand times over. They knew in the long run, it would benefit me and I would respect them and love them even more than imaginable. I have sisters who would have my back in a heartbeat, even though we don't always see eye to eye. I have been blessed with so many friends. Some whom I still talk to and others who are just a memory, but still hold a special spot in my heart. We are lucky enough to be healthy, have a home and money to pay the bills. God has provided so well for our family that is overwhelming to me. My list of things I am thankful for is long, as I am sure yours is, and there is no way I could ever write it all down. I hope that you all take a moment to reflect on those things in your life that you are thankful for.

It was a pretty typical day around here. Both girls had school and Abby had dance. Mckenzie got to play with her friend while Abby was dancing. I realized today that Mckenzie and her friend were actually playing together and not just playing alongside one another. She is getting to be such a big girl! Abby was super helpful at dinner tonight. She helped set the table, pour all the drinks, and clear the table afterwards. It was just one of those dinners where everyone was cooperating and it turned into a dancing while we are clearing the table kind of nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers