1.01.2012

1/365

2012. I can't believe a new year is upon us.  As I look back to 2011, I can't complain. We all made it through Scott's deployment and grew as individuals and as a family because of it. Was it difficult? Heck yeah. (pneumonia, ear infections, a foot of snow to shovel without a snowblower, broken furnace, MICE, etc...) Do I want to do it again? No (although, as a military wife, I know that isn't my choice to make) Would I wish to go back in time and have Scott stay at home instead of deploying? No. It is a part of our life. We were lucky it wasn't longer and even luckier he returned home safely. There are many that can't say that and I am forever grateful and indebted to them for their eternal service. The rest of the year was cake compared to the first half. We managed to get in some traveling, we watched our oldest graduate preschool and move onto Kindergarten, and we saw our youngest start to blossom in dance and school. I think 2011 was just the way it was supposed to be. Not all the moments were perfect and I can't say I enjoyed every tantrum or meltdown, but that's ok. I don't think God ever intended for anyone to enjoy every moment of every day. That is impossible. But, it is possible to be thankful for the good moments and look back on them fondly.

Anyway, onto 2012. I have a few goals in mind for the year.
1. Be a better mom and wife. There is always room to improve here, although if anyone asks Scott, he had better say I am the best wife/mom ever ;-)Become a better photographer. I am lucky enough to have an amazing camera. Now I need to learn to take photos that are worthy of it.
2. Be more organized. This may or may not happen. If we move, then yes. I always seem to get organized before a move. If we don't move, I can't imagine this will happen.
3. I want to run 300 miles.
4. Become a better photographer. I am lucky enough to have an amazing camera. Now I need to learn to take photos that are worthy of it.
We took the kids to a park this morning and let them run around for awhile. This afternoon was a pretty quiet one. Scott and Ben did a little fishing and gator watching :) They caught a few fish. The kids bounced around on the trampoline for awhile. I think it was a great way to start off the new year.
420 Florida

Gator watching!
414 Mckenzie gator watching 412 Abby gator watching 434 Scott fishing
And here is the gator. The picture is terrible. Sorry, I couldn't get any closer and I forgot my zoom lens.
438 gator

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers