6.12.2010

Home Sweet Home! Today Scott and I returned from our cruise to the Bahamas! What a wonderful trip and the best part? coming home to our sweet baby girls. The girls were in excellent hands while we were away (Thanks Mom and Dad) so that made it easier to leave, but it was a glorious moment when I saw those beautiful faces. Mom and Dad planned to play a trick on us by hiding the car in the garage (we couldn't park in there before we left-Thanks Dad for cleaning it out) and having the girls hide when we came in. Abby told me on the phone they were planning to hide so it didn't surprise me when no one ran to the door. Mckenzie and Dad were hiding in the living room and Mckenzie snuck out from behind the couch when we came in. The look on her face was priceless and she started acting silly and running around. Abby tried to hide, but was falling asleep on the couch in the family room. Scott woke her up and it took a minute before she realized what was going on, but once she did, she didn't want to let go of us. It was the best feeling in the whole world to see their faces and hear their voices. Abby kept telling me she missed me and gave me bunches of hugs. They didn't want to be out of our sight and I didn't mind one bit (although it was nice to be able to use the bathroom by myself for a change on the cruise!) It was a relatively quiet afternoon with the girls wanting to play and show us all the stuff they helped Grandpa and Grandma do while we were gone. Dad was busy fixing stuff & cleaning out the garage and Mom was busy baking and planting flowers. Not sure where they managed to fit all that in! We grilled some burgers for dinner and ate outside. Abby asked if "I would take her and Mckenzie a bath" and read a few books before bed. It was wonderful to kiss my babies good night and tuck them in. I sure missed them! We had a great vacation and it was a wonderful way to celebrate our 10 year anniversary!  I am thankful my parents were able to help us out and watch the girls for us. I think it was a wonderful experience for all involved! I will get around to writing about our trip one of these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers