6.24.2010

Mckenzie had a rough night of sleep last night. I am not sure if her teeth are bothering her or what, but after some motrin, she finally went back to sleep. The girls and I went to the park this morning. It was a hot one out there and Mckenzie was looking red and warm not too long after we got there. Abby could play in the sun all day long, but I'm guessing that's because she played outside all summer long at daycare when we lived in Florida. This New Jersey heat is probably nothing to her! We ran to Target after the park and I finally found lamps for our bedroom. I have been looking around forever (at least it feels that way) and today I finally found the perfect ones and they weren't too expensive which makes it even better! They look great in our room and it gives the room a much more welcoming atmosphere than the overhead lighting. Mckenzie fell asleep on the way home which meant when I layed her down for a nap, she was wide awake and not ready to lay down. So, we all played together inside as it decided to rain this afternoon for a little bit. Both girls were watching tv and I was in the kitchen doing the dishes. I came back into the family room to check on the girls and Mckenzie had fallen asleep in the computer chair while watching the Wiggles. Poor thing was so exhausted from not napping earlier in the day. I let her sleep for 30 minutes or so, but then I woke her up because it was 5pm and I knew there was no way she would sleep tonight if she napped much longer. I don't think she was too happy being woken up. We ran to the store to pick up some light bulbs and Scott called on the way out the door. It was good to hear his voice, although he sounded tired from flying. I am starting to feel sorry for the bunnies that have taken up residence under our shed out back. Dakota will not leave them alone! She seems to have a sixth sense when they are in the yard and she starts pacing and acting all crazy. If she is downstairs and sees a bunny out the patio window, she starts shaking and barking to go out. When I let her out, she gives those bunnies a good chase and searches around the shed looking for the bunnies. I am hoping she never catches one. I always knock on the window to give the bunny a head start when I do let Dakota out! After bath tonight, the girls were running around like crazy like they always do after bath. I don't know how many times I told Abby to get her clothes on, but she was too busy running around to ignore me. Mckenzie was running around too and they were in the guest room and I heard a bang and a cry. Turns out Mckenzie fell and bumped her head again. I had to put a Dora band aid on it and she liked that. I wish when the girls would fall they would bang up their arms/legs instead of hitting their heads. It always worries me, especially when it is right before bed and I can't watch over them the whole night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers