6.04.2010


Today my parents and I took the girls to the Philadelphia zoo.  We had a wonderful day even though it was really hot outside! When we arrived, there were about a gazillion school kids on field trips, but it wasn't as crazy as I thought it would be. Both girls really enjoyed seeing the snakes/crocs and the tigers/lions. They also had a good time in the Children's zoo which wasn't open last time we were there. They got to feed the goats and Abby and I even went in the fence to pet them. There was a tractor for the kids to climb on and even a chicken that Abby wanted to chase! The girls got to ride the carousel today and wanted to do face painting, but I wouldn't let them because I was afraid they would get sunburned without any sunscreen on their faces. Abby was very disappointed, but Grandma and Grandpa were good distractions! We got the girls some ice cream and made our way out of the park. I managed to miss my exit and get us lost. Thank God for GPS and a big car with out of state plates! We finally made it out of Philly and headed towards the base to pick up Scott's truck. He was supposed to be flying home today, but the mission got changed and isn't leaving New Orleans until tomorrow. So, Scott will be arriving commercially around midnight tonight! Yeah for driving into Philly again tonight! We were all exhausted by the time we got home. We had a quick dinner and put the girls to bed. I packed a little bit for Scott and finished up packing for myself. I am so excited to go on our cruise! It will be a lot of fun and the girls will be well taken care of that is for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers