5.13.2011

Friday, May 13, 2011

07

Both girls had school this morning and I have to say, we made it out of the house without a lot of repetitive requests from me to the girls to get ready. And, we even made it to school early!!! Yep that's right folks. Early! Probably the first time all year :) Scott and I skyped this morning since the girls were super chatty yesterday and didn't give us much time to talk at all. Thanks babe:) The dog had a vet appointment this afternoon and it looks like I need to get better at cleaning her ears and at brushing her teeth. (to be honest, I have never brushed her teeth. Last time we were at the vet, they talked me into buying a toothbrush for her, but I still have yet to use it. One day, I will be better...) We met some friends at the park this afternoon. It was a gorgeous day to play outside. The girls and I took a walk on one of the trails that runs around the park. Abby started out in speed walking mode and ended up complaining about how long of a walk it was. Mckenzie never picked up speed faster than a snail unless I was carrying her. Not an easy task to step over branches, carrying a 30lb toddler who doesn't like to hold on while wearing wedges that I can't seem to walk in on pavement! But, we made it and even stopped to take a couple of photos. I really want to improve my skills, but when I got home and looked through my photos, most of them really sucked. Part of me says throw it on auto and get a photo that is at least in focus, but the other part of me says there is no reason I can't learn to shoot in manual mode. That is the only way people took photos for years (although maybe that is why they only ever had super stiff posed photos where everyone looked uncomfortable!) I decided to take the girls to one of their favorite restaurants (or bar/grill) for dinner. The girls were super well behaved and I didn't have to remind them to sit down and eat every 2 minutes.

051dustyhaze

035 copydh2

(Laurie, any critiques are appreciated.  The countdown was taken on auto a long time ago, but the last two are from today. Maybe one day I will be as good as you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers