5.04.2011

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

14

Abby had school on this rainy day and Mckenzie and I had to go grocery shopping. Mckenzie was very well behaved in the store (two granola bars and a bag of fruit snacks may have played a small part in that) and it made for a much more enjoyable shopping experience. We hung out at home, working on colors and shapes and puzzles. The girl sure does love putting puzzles together. We mailed one last package to Daddy, so hopefully it makes it in time:-) We had a little time to waste before picking Abby up from school, so I headed to the Dunkin' Donut for a coffee. Mckenzie fell asleep in the car about two seconds after she asked for a movie. Guess she was tired. Abby told me she had a great day in school and has decided she wants to make Jungle Juice for her final chef class. Both chef classes combine for the day and have a big feast where each child gets to bring in his/her favorite dish. It is a lot of fun and this year is so special because it is her last year of pre-K :( I can't believe she will be starting kindergarten in the fall. It makes me so sad and happy every time I think about it. I love that she is growing up and learning so much (just tonight she got her address completely right- usually she says NJ then the town, but tonight she said our town then New Jersey. She was so happy she finally got it right!!) but I wish I could hold onto her for just a little longer. If this is how I feel when she is prepping for kindergarten, how I am going to be when she heads off to college? Anyhoo, since it was so wet out and raining off and on, I let the girls watch a movie before meeting our friends at Chick fil A. The girls had fun playing together and it was nice to have dinner with another adult!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers