5.20.2011

Friday, May 20, 2011

0

One of the best days ever!!!!!!! My girls are in love all over again with their daddy. Mckenzie rests her head on her hand and stares lovingly at Scott. Abby is constantly touching his hand or his head and cannot stop smiling at him with a twinkle in her eye. It melts my heart :) I don't think I have any more tears to shed. At the airport Abby asked us why she was crying. I guess she didn't know you could cry from being so happy! It was wonderful. The day was wonderful. I will write more later. I think I may be in love all over again too;-) and would like get a few snuggles in!

006 copydustyhaze

007

010

013

014

030

040

041

Our day was so fantastic. We left pretty early for the airport because I had no idea how rush hour traffic into Philly was going to be and we had to drive through a construction zone that is always slow. We got to the airport a little early so I let the kids stay in the car to watch a movie. Scott's flight was delayed a bit but he did get bumped up to first class! What a treat! Once we got into the airport, the girls started to get really excited and anxious. Mckenzie got tired of waiting and started begging me to go home to ride her scooter. The moment finally came when we saw Scott walking to us. The girls could hardly contain themselves and as soon as I told them they could run to their Daddy, they took off! It was so amazing to watch our girls hug and kiss their daddy. Mckenzie couldn't stop smiling and touching Scott. Abby was crying and just wanted to be held by Scott. I don't think I have the words to describe how wonderful the moment really was. The second Scott's arms were around me, I felt so safe and complete and happy. And, I was relieved he returned home safe! The butterflies in my stomach melted away and everything felt right in the world. I imagine that is how the girls felt too from the look on their faces and the sparkle in their eyes. It was overwhelming! We are all just so happy (feels kind of like the honeymoon phase of marriage right now). We spent the afternoon together at home. The girls wouldn't leave Scott's side. I can't blame them. I didn't want to be away from him either. Our friends arranged for the local fire department to do a visit to our house as a way to welcome Scott back from his deployment. It was great to see them support Scott and also, it gave us a chance to personally thank them for what they do for us :) I just have to say that I have met some truly amazing people through Abby's preschool that have been a tremendous source of support and friendship during this deployment. From watching the girls to getting our lawn cut since our own lawn service wouldn't do it to just being there. I don't know what else to say except thank you. And it wasn't just these gals that got us through this. Our family and friends that live away were always just a phone call away. So thank you too! We are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends and that Scott arrived back home safe. I know it will be an adjustment for Scott to get back into our routine. Small things have changed while he was gone. I can't imagine how he is feeling right now, but I do know that he is so happy to be back home with his girls :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers