12.17.2010

Abby had her Holiday Happenings party (aka Christmas party, but apparently it is no longer acceptable to call it a Christmas party) at school today. Both girls had so much fun. Santa showed up and there were snacks and crafts for the kids. Abby and her little friend jumped right up on Santa's lap and Abby told him she wanted a barbie. Whew! At least she will be getting one thing she has asked for lately. Mckenzie was a little bashful, but Scott set her on Santa's lap and in no time she was smiling. What a great party for all the kids. Our photographs that we had taken earlier this month arrived so we picked them up on the way home from the party. Great photos and she was kind enough to give Scott a brag book that is small enough that he will be able to take it with on his deployment. I am so happy with the quality of the photos and I am so glad we took the time to have them taken. Scott and I had a squadron Christmas party tonight and it turned out to be a pretty good time. The invitation stated you could wear semi holiday casual or dress silly. Scott talked to quite a few guys who said they were dressing silly, so we thought it would be fun to get some ugly sweaters too. Well, when we walked into the country club, I asked Scott where his party was because everyone was dressed in suits and in very nice dresses. I felt very out of place. Scott on the other hand, didn't care and owned his very ugly turtleneck. I guess we will know for next year that we need to dress nice! It was great to get out and have a date night. We don't get out that often so it is always a treat! I will post the ugly sweater pics when I find the usb cord for my camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers