12.20.2010

Abby slept in our bed again last night, complaining she is scared of her room. Last time she went through a phase like this, we lived in Florida and ended up scaring away all the monsters by blowing kisses all around her room. I hope this time it doesn't last as long! Our morning got off to a late and slow start. Mckenzie slept until 8 and Abby woke up after 9! I like to sleep in, but I feel like the whole day is wasted. I don't know when that change happened, I used to love sleeping in until noon! Scott headed into work and the girls and I stayed at home. It is just too cold to play outside and I think the girls are getting a little tired of playing inside. When Scott got home, we all headed to Target and to the grocery store. Mckenzie was so tired she fell asleep in the cart at Target! Abby and I did the grocery shopping by ourselves because Mckenzie decided she didn't want to and preferred to sit in her carseat and watch a movie. It made it easy for me. Grocery shopping with an almost 5 year old is easy! I made some baby back ribs for dinner tonight and they were pretty darn tasty. Even Abby liked them! Mckenzie ate them, but she wasn't too happy about it! Mckenzie has started copying Abby's actions and words a lot more lately and it is starting to bug Abby. I don't know how many times a day I hear "don't copy me Mckenzie". It is so hard to explain to Abby that it is normal for Mckenzie to copy people so that she learns how to behave. Scott was tickling both girls earlier and it is so funny to listen to them. Both girls beg to be tickled and two seconds later, they are saying they can't take it anymore!

1 comment:

  1. My kids are sick of the indoors too. I asked Ben today what he wanted to do just me and him tomorrow and he said, "Play outside." Poor little guy. I hate being cold, but I'll do it for my little guy (who is sick and coughing). I'll just need to bundle up a bit!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers