12.24.2010

Merry Christmas! Ok, well, Merry Christmas Eve. What a wonderful day! Scott got up with the girls this morning and they were so anxious to open presents. It's hard to be so little and have to wait so long for presents! I ran to the mall because I realized last night that I hadn't bought the girls dresses for Christmas. I bought them outfits for our pictures that I thought we could use for Christmas as well, but after seeing them in pictures, I decided it wasn't what I wanted for Christmas. Anyway, long story short, I managed to find matching dresses for the girls pretty quickly and even had time to pick up some Chipotle for lunch on the way home. We did nap time and then worked on preparing for dinner. We went to church this evening and then back home for Christmas dinner. I made the worst ever mashed potatoes and had to throw them out and opt for instant ones instead! They were so bad Scott couldn't even lie to me and say they weren't that bad! After dinner, we did a quick clean up and then the best part of the night. The girls got to open all their presents and it was so fun to watch! Abby kept giving me hugs saying thank you for the great gifts and telling me how much she loved me. Her favs had to be her Olivia stuff and her zhu zhu pets. Although, she was so excited every time she opened a gift it was hard to tell what was her favorite. Mckenzie actually wanted to open her own gifts this year and enjoyed doing it. Her hands down favorite gifts were a computer and a kitty that walks and her baby dolls. When she opened her doll, she got a big smile on her face and in her sweet little voiced said "a baaaby doll!". This Christmas so was much fun! Both girls were well behaved and shared their new toys with one another. I loved watching them open their gifts and seeing the smiles on their faces as they ripped off the paper. It was a wonderful night! We let the girls stay up a little late to play with a few of their toys. Then we went outside to spread around some reindeer food for Santa's reindeer. The girls wet out a plate of cookies for Santa and then it was off to bed. A few minutes after the girls were in bed, I heard a noise that sounded like Santa so I ran upstairs to get the girls out of bed. Turns out it was "Santa" eating his cookies! I told the girls not to make any noise or to let Santa see them as we watched him from the opening into the living room. Abby was a little shy about going to see Santa, afraid she would get caught. Mckenzie put her hands on her cheeks with a huge smile on her face and ran to see Santa! It was so fun to watch them watch Santa. Luckily, I got the girls back to bed before Santa saw them! It was too bad that Scott missed seeing Santa;) Scott talked to Abby about what she saw and she was so nervous Santa was going to come back and take her toys away. She told Scott how santa was dressed in red with black boots and how he ate the cookies and even said "ho, ho, ho". I love it. What a most wonderful Christmas Eve!
022
029
012011
004006

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers