12.10.2010

Scott had a late sim last night and didn't get home until after midnight. But, he passed his sim check so that is good! Both girls had a great night and Mckenzie came over to our room around 7am and fell back to sleep. Scott took Abby to school and Mckenzie slept until 9:30! The house was so quiet! I didn't know what to do. I started working on addressing Christmas cards, but only got a couple done before Mckenzie woke up. Abby had a great day at school and she was so excited to see us when Mckenzie and I picked her up. I love her loud squeals when she sees us! Abby saw Mckenzie was wearing a different coat than she had been and wondered where her new coat was. When we got home, I showed Abby her winter coat and she decided she didn't like it and she would prefer to have a coat just like her sister. It turned into this huge tantrum and she ended up in time out. She behaved much better the rest of the day and even apologized (unprompted) for her behavior last night, saying from now on she would eat her dinner so she wasn't hungry at bedtime. I baked some peanut butter blossoms today and both girls helped me. I think we may have gotten more ingredients on the floor, but they love to help me bake. Once we had the batter mixed, Mckenzie's job was to unwrap all the Hershey's kisses and Abby got to roll the dough in sugar and put them on the cookie sheet. Both did a great job of helping and it made baking much more fun. This is the first year I have truly enjoyed holiday baking. I have always done it in the past but it always seemed like so much work. Not this year. It has been fun for me and I hope when the girls are older, they remember baking cookies with me as part of the Christmas tradition. After dinner tonight, the girls performed songs for Scott and I. Abby set up the fireplace hearth as their stage and both girls took turns singing or in Abby's case, just talking. Abby started out singing and then she stopped and said "I'm just going to talk" and started talking about all sorts of random stuff. About how if we want a candy cane, we need a grownup to get it for us and I can't even remember what else. When Mckenzie was singing, she didn't want anyone else to sing with her and kept putting her hand over our mouths to stop us from singing. She tried to sing We Wish You a Merry Christmas and did pretty good for a two year old.  These babes of ours crack me up! Both girls went to bed much better tonight. We plan on going to NYC tomorrow to see the tree in Rockefeller Center so let hope for good weather! It has been way to cold around here lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers