12.02.2010

We had family photos taken today. I wanted to get some pictures of Scott and the girls before he leaves. I know he is going to be safe, but I would never, ever forgive myself if something happened to him and the girls didn't have a recent picture taken with him. The gal who took our photos was great. She really seemed to connect with the kids. Mckenzie didn't want to cooperate towards the end, but she found a way to make it work. Abby, of course, loved having her picture taken by herself. She loves to pose and she had plenty of opportunity to do that today. I am so excited to see the pictures. She said we should have them in a few days!  When we got home, Scott took apart the crib (for the last time) and put up Mckenzie's big girl bed! I am happy and sad all at the same time. We closed a chapter in our life today. We have no more babies in our house. I am excited though, that we have a preschooler and a toddler running around. They are so much fun and I thank God for them every day. Mckenzie liked her new bed, but she can't get up without a step yet. One of the things I forgot to buy for her room. Guess I will need to go to Target tomorrow! Scott had to fly tonight, so the girls and I spent the afternoon together. I was busy sorting through Mckenzie's clothes and the girls, for the most part, were playing very nicely together. I heard a few disagreements, but they managed to work most of them out themselves. The last one though, was a doozey! Mckenzie wanted Abby's leapster and threw the biggest fit I have ever seen her throw. She was screaming and crying so loudly and for so long, I didn't know what to do. Holding her, singing to her, none of it worked. She finally ran to our bathroom to be alone and instead of following her, I let her be. A minute or two later, she ran to me and crawled onto my lap and eventually, she fell asleep. I was blown away by her tantrum. She has never acted like that before and Abby has never had a tantrum like that either. So, she took her first nap on her big girl bed this afternoon and she was out. I didn't want her to sleep for too long, so I vacuumed her room and even that didn't wake her. I ended up waking her and we ran a couple of errands. Both girls were great in the store. I had a school board meeting tonight at the house so the girls didn't get to bed until pretty late. I didn't want to try earlier to put Mckenzie to bed since she napped so late in the day and I know it would have been quite the struggle to get her to bed. Both girls went to bed without difficulty. Mckenzie only climbed down from her bed once and Abby was out before her head hit the pillow! Lets hope both girls sleep in their own bed all night long! I know we have a big bed now, but I would prefer not to share it with anyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers