12.05.2010

Whew! What a long day! It started off nice with breakfast at home and then off to church. We tried out the contemporary service today that caters to the kiddos. It was a bit different, but Abby really seemed to enjoy it so I think we will go to that service again next week. The sermon wasn't as good this week and both Scott and I were very disappointed. It seemed more like a rant than a sermon and I hope this was just a one time thing. We came back home for a bit and then brought the kids back to the church. The youth group was offering babysitting this afternoon for the kids. Abby was excited to go and couldn't wait to get there. Mckenzie acted excited, but Scott and I were betting that she wouldn't want to stay. Turns out we were wrong. She didn't cry or whine when we left. Scott and I went to finish Christmas shopping for the girls. I only have to order one gift and the girls are done!!!! It was nice to get in and out of the store quickly without anyone whining or having to use the restroom! We then grabbed some lunch at one of our favorite places and watched some Vikings football! It was nice to be able to watch a winning game without the distractions we normally have at home. When we picked the girls up from the church, I peeked through the door window first just to see the kids. Mckenzie was having fun, talking to another little girl. Abby was kind of off by herself, sucking her thumb and holding lambie (that should have been my first cue something wasn't right with her!). Both girls were excited to see us and Abby didn't want to leave. The kids got to make some crafts and watch movies. It sounded like they had a lot of fun and we may have found a couple of babysitters out of the whole thing too! Mckenzie fell asleep on the ride home and took a short nap. I took a nap too while Scott and Abby just hung out. Scott and the girls were headed out to the store when poor Abby threw up in the foyer. When I told her she couldn't go to school tomorrow, she was so disappointed. That upset her more than throwing up! She has been sick all night so far and just fell asleep on the couch. I am hoping she gets some good rest and feels better tomorrow. I hate seeing her sick :(
Btw, we got the proofs today from our photos taken last week. I will attach the link if you want to see the pictures.  It is only good until Tuesday so you have to check it out quickly! http://www.emaphotography.com/slideshow/riley/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers