12.08.2010

Abby was very excited to get back to school today. When I dropped her off, I overheard her tell her teacher how much she missed her. I am so glad Abby enjoys school and her teachers. I hope she will continue to enjoy her education throughout her lifetime. Our day was pretty quiet. Kenzie was in the middle of eating her lunch when she decided she was tired and it was time to go to her bed. When we got upstairs and into her bed, she looked at me and told me she was no longer tired, but she was hungry. So, back downstairs we went to finish her lunch. She ended up falling asleep on the couch for about 45 minutes before I had to wake her to pick up Abby from school. Abby gave me the biggest hug today when she got out of class. I love when she does that! I asked her what they were doing in school today and she told me she couldn't tell me because it was a secret. She has been very good at keeping the secret all day too. We played outside for a little bit this afternoon, but the wind was so chilly. Mckenzie is like me and doesn't like the cold. She kept going inside for a few minutes at a time to warm up and then she was ready to be back outside for a few more minutes. I made hot chocolate for the girls when we came in, but neither one touched their drink. Scott was home earlier today than normal. What a nice change. I had a headache so he was nice enough to keep the girls entertained while I took a short nap. We went out to dinner. After finding mouse droppings in the kitchen, I am not really in the mood to be eating from there. I would prefer to move out until I was sure there were no more mice in this place. I don't like mice and I don't want mice around the girls. Scott has set more traps but he thinks the droppings were from the mice we already caught. I hope so. We haven't caught any since he set the traps last night so I am praying we have seen the last of the mice. We tried out a different restaurant tonight. It was decent. They had a good salad bar, but the steak was nothing to brag about. It was late by the time we got home so the girls headed straight to bed. Abby insisted she wasn't tired, but she was asleep within minutes of putting her down. Mckenzie must be tired too, because she hasn't come out of her room yet. That or she is learning to stay in her room at bedtime. As nice as that would be, my wager is she is super tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers