12.22.2010

I was lucky enough to sleep on both Abby and Mckenzie's floor last night! Abby went back to sleep pretty quickly, but Mckenzie didn't go back to sleep and so we have been awake since 5! So, Mckenzie and I went to my bed and we all watched a little tv until Abby woke up. Scott took the girls downstairs for breakfast and let me catch a few zzz's. He is such a sweetie. I am going to be lost during his deployment :( I made some more Christmas cookies today and lets just say, they are not as good as the ones Sheri's Mom used to make. Not exactly sure where I went wrong... Maybe I will just have to order some from her next Christmas! I was going to make some sugar cookies, but the turtle cookies took way too long and the house needed to be cleaned. So, Mckenzie took a nap and Abby played so well by herself this afternoon, letting me get the house in shape. It feels so much better around here now that all the floors are mopped. Mckenzie colored after nap, more on her hands than on the paper and Abby worked on writing her letters. She is getting so good at them and I love how proud she is of her work. Scott picked up some groceries for our Christmas dinner on his way home from work today (I love when he grocery shops for us!). We had a quiet evening and before ya know it, it was bedtime! Abby and Scott worked on reading while I worked on colors with Mckenzie. Scott was way more successful getting Abby to read than I was at getting Mckenzie to say the right colors! I am so proud of Abby for trying to read. Her face beamed every time she was able to sound out a word.

1 comment:

  1. My turtle cookies weren't as good as my Mom's either. I think I cooked them too long, they weren't as soft as hers by anymeans :( I'm sure each waffle iron is different, thank goodness for only making half a batch huh, think how much longer we would of been baking?! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers