2.25.2011

Friday, February 25, 2011

Joy of Love: Day 25: When you love them the most. I think if I had been asked to photograph this before Scott's deployment, I would have photographed the garbage can since I really don't like garbage duty and Scott always takes care of that for us. But now, I think I would photograph Scott reading books to the girls before bed. He always has such a loving look on his face when he gets to do this and seeing his love for his girls makes me love him even more than I ever thought possible.
015copy
We woke up late again this morning. For some reason, I didn't hear my alarm clock. It's probably because I am so used to the alarm on my phone and not the alarm next to the bed. No biggie. We made it to school on time. Abby was excited to go to school because she had a new dress to wear. Mckenzie didn't want to get out of her pj's and it took a long time to get her into clothes. Mckenzie didn't want to stay in her class again but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It had been two weeks since she had been in class and I thought she was going to cry like crazy but she didn't. She was sad, but she stayed with Maria as I left the room. I ran a few errands after dropping the girls off, the most important one being getting a new phone. I tried the At & T store first since they were open, but they wouldn't allow me to change the contract since Scott is the only one listed. She told me I had to bring in my power of attorney in order to get a new phone. So, I headed over to Best Buy and walked out with my new phone! Yea! I am so happy to have a phone back! I ran to Carter's to pick up some pj's for the girls and walked out with a little more than that. They had the cutest rain boots and sunglasses. The girls are going to love them! I headed back to school to get the girls. Mckenzie had a better day today; she actually played and didn't fuss as much for her pacifier. Small steps in the right direction. Abby had fun like always and wanted to have a friend over to play with. Instead of having anyone over, I took the girls to Chick fil A. They had fun running around and playing. I ran into a friend at the restaurant and had a nice chat while the kids played. Our afternoon was pretty typical. Nap and then a chat with Daddy. I showed the girls the stuff I bought for them today and Abby just had to put her boots on. I got Mckenzie a pair of tennis shoes that light up and she fell in love with those. She didn't even want to take them off to sleep! For dinner, we had a picnic at the beach. I wish it was on a real beach, but we had lots of fun anyway. I spread out a blanket on the "sand" in the living room and the entryway was the water. The girls had fun "swimming" and stomping on jelly fish with their rain boots. A few shark bites and it was time for our picnic dinner. The poor dog was drooling the entire time we ate, but she was good and only snatched a little taste when Mckenzie dropped some of her dinner. Abby kept thanking me for taking them to the beach and letting them have a picnic on the beach. When I told her I was glad I could take them to the beach, she looked at me like I was crazy and said, "It's just pretend Mom. We didn't really go to the beach!" Um, thanks for telling me it was just pretend! Mckenzie had a hard time going to bed and I ended up putting her to sleep in our bed. I laid down with her and the next thing I knew, it was 1:30 in the morning! Guess I was tired too! Got up about 3:30 to let the dog out and turn off the fireplace for the night.
002
Abby getting ready for the beach. I wish I had taken a picture when she was also wearing her swimsuit cover up and her hat along with the boots and sunglasses. She was just too cute!
019
Mckenzie got tired of the beach and decided to lounge on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers