2.06.2011

Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Joy of Love, day 6: Who They Love. This was an easy one for me. Both girls have lovies that they received as gifts when they were born. Abby received a lamb and Mckenzie, a bear. They LOVE their lovies. They sleep with them, go with in the car, the store, school. They go everywhere together. They don't have special names. Just lambie and bear. But those lovies hold a place in my girls' heart that is something so special. Lambie has been through surgery a couple of times. It is painstaking work and my fingers felt like they were numb and I was surprised they weren't bleeding both times as it had to be hand stitched. But that doesn't matter. I would do it a million times over if it means that my Abby still has her comfort lamb. Mckenzie's bear is still in pretty good shape compared to Abby's at 2.5 yrs. I think the difference is Abby holds her lamb close to her face while sucking on her thumb at night while Mckenzie just bunches her bear up and sleeps on top of it.
2011-02-06

We had church this morning and Abby's choir sang during the service. I wish I had a video camera with because Abby was so cute. She stood up front, singing her little heart out. One of the songs she sang was This Little Light. It was so much fun to watch her sing and do the actions without a care in the world. Mckenzie got a little feisty during the service today, wanting to eat everything and anything she could find in my purse. She went through at least 6 pieces of gum and a package of fruit snacks. We ran to the grocery store and it was crazy like any weekend. We really need to quit running out of milk on the weekends! Lucky for me, the girls were in a great mood, laughing and getting along for most of the trip. It was only near the end that the girls were getting tired and started acting up. Of course I picked the lane with the slowest cashier. I should have realized it was the wrong lane when no one else was going to it. We got to Skype Scott again today. He is doing good, ran a 5K this morning before going to work. Abby asked me if we could eat in the dining room for dinner tonight. Why of all nights would she pick Superbowl Sunday to eat where there is no TV to watch the commercials. I could care less about the game this year, I just wanted to see the commercials! Both girls went to bed really well tonight. I only had to put Mckenzie back to bed 3 or 4 times!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great minds think alike! Our animals have boring names too. Brayden has a monkey in his crib and my guess is that it will be called "monkey", although I'm thinking maybe we should call him Spanky. hehe. Bebe got her name because Delia called it her baby, but it sounded like Bebe, so it stuck. Ben has Beaver and Blue Bear. Haha. The kids had their coats off, but mine was ON! It was in the high 50s, but it was warm when the sun was shining on you. I sooo needed a sunny day. I miss the sun! Hope you are doing well girl. I think of you often. And Hey Scott! if you read this. Stay safe :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers