2.19.2011

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Joy of Love, day 19: I think the topic for today was what is different when they are gone. Well, I haven't taken a picture yet, but there are so many things that are different when Scott is away. The house is a little cleaner(overall), the laundry a little more wrinkled, the dishes spend more time in the sink, the dog sleeps in the bed and the kids eat in front of the tv and cold cereal is ok for dinner! I will take my picture soon. I promise...
The power was off (because of the strong winds we have been having) when we woke up this morning and Abby went from room to room checking all the lights to see if any one of them worked. After each switch that didn't turn on, she would let me know it didn't work. Then she started listing everything else that wouldn't work. It was really cute to see her thinking through it all. Mckenzie is on the mend. She is still easily tired and sleeps more than normal (although, she is fighting going to sleep now).  When the power came back on, I made the girls pancakes and managed to drop the carton of eggs on the floor as I was putting them away. Lovely mess to clean up while listening to Abby tell me I need to be more careful and reminding me that I am going to have to mop the floor now. We spent the entire day in the house and kept it all low key. Books, water paints, stamps. Abby has been coughing quite a bit today and told me she was chilled. I checked her temp and she is running a low grade fever. We will see what comes of this. Hopefully it is nothing. I tried to get some cleaning done around here. I managed to get the first floor done before dropping my phone into the mop water. I had finished mopping and Abby asked me to play piano for her instead of vacuuming the floor. I said sure (had to twist my arm on that one) and she handed me my phone since she had been playing with it. I put it on the piano behind a picture and forgot about it. Later when I went back to dust, I grabbed the picture and my phone went flying right into the bucket of water. So, it is sitting in a bag of rice right now which will hopefully dry it out. I tried to shut it down, but it wouldn't even do that. Abby told me I shouldn't drop my phone into the water and I needed to be more careful with my stuff! I feel so lost without my phone. That is the only number I ever give as contact information and I don't store my numbers anywhere else. What a week! I'm hoping next week is better :-) I'm know I am complaining a lot and I know I shouldn't. There are lots of people out there that are dealing with issues that are more serious than anything we have going on. I just needed to vent...

001edit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers