2.14.2011

Monday, February 14, 2011

The Joy of Love, day 14: Wedding Band/jewelry. Since I don't have Scott's ring here, I decided to use a photo I took of M as a baby wearing our wedding rings on her toes.
20090809_115 copy
The morning started off really well. Abby worked on signing all her Valentine's cards to her friends while I showered and then it all turned ugly when I tried to get Mckenzie dressed. Mckenzie didn't want to get dressed and was just cranky. Abby was upset because Mckenzie had new clothes to wear and she didn't. Her words to me went something like "Why don't I ever get anything new! I don't have any clothes to wear (as she pointed to her closet)" Seriously? This kid has clothes coming out of her ears. She only chooses to wear certain ones. Mckenzie likes to wear lounging pants whereas Abby at Mckenzie's age preferred to wear sundresses. Needless to say, Mckenzie needed some pants and so I bought her some. I never thought it would cause so much drama. I guess next time, I need to remove the tags before Abby sees the clothes so she doesn't get upset! In the middle of this whole discussion, Scott called to wish us a happy Valentine's day. Poor guy was probably pretty surprised to hear such grouchy voices so early in the morning! But, we all got dressed and Abby made it to school on time. Mckenzie and I came home and I noticed she was sooo cranky and acting tired so I decided to see if she was running a temp. Yep, almost 103. Yuck! I guess that explains her crankiness last night and this morning! I called a friend to pick Abby up from school so I wouldn't have to wake Mckenzie from her nap. When Kenzie woke up, she was acting fine, but she was still running a low grade fever. I couldn't keep her still and she was running around, playing with Abby and eating all of the Valentine's treats Abby brought home. I felt bad, but I ended taking the girls out to the store to get a humidifier for Mckenzie's room. We used to have two, but one got all moldy in storage from the move and the other is missing a piece so it no longer will work. We ran to the Walmart which I really hate and Abby was worried that we were going to get the people there sick. I told her we would be careful and keep Mckenzie from coughing on anyone. Funny though, she isn't as worried about her friends because she asked many times if she could have a play date at our house tomorrow. So, we got a humidifier and some bubbles (who would have thought there would be bubbles so close to the humidifiers) and we headed back home. The girls played with some play doh before dinner and then it was off to bed. Both girls went to bed easily tonight. Abby tried a couple of excuses, but didn't put much effort into them. She did get to come out of her room though as Great Grandpa & Grandma skyped us and she heard me talking to them. I hope Mckenzie feels better tomorrow and doesn't cough as much tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers