2.27.2011

Sunday, February 27, 2011

A bit of advice; rain boots do not stay on one's foot when swinging really high!
013

Ok, I didn't do a joy of love photo today either. Thank goodness it is a free class! We didn't go to church this morning. I couldn't remember if the time for the service changed for this week or if it was last week (we didn't go last week either because the girls were sick). If it was this week, we wouldn't have made it since the girls slept in until after 8! I can't believe how many times they have slept in recently. We did go to the park today. It was in the upper 50's and wasn't windy. We are all tired of being in the house day after day. I don't know if I have ever mentioned this before, but I really miss the weather in the South! The girls were SUPER excited to go to the purple park. It is their favorite park by far and they have missed going this past winter. Both girls made a beeline for the swings. Abby can go so high now she scares me! Mckenzie spent most of her time in the baby swing, but she did use the big girl swing a little bit. She really likes the big swing and was doing great holding on, but for some reason she let go as I was pushing her forward and fell out of the swing, landing face first in the wet mulch. She had mulch in her hair, eyelashes, her mouth. Everywhere! When I asked if she was ok, all she could tell me was her hands were dirty and she wanted them all cleaned off. My poor baby girl:( I think Abby was about 2.5 when she fell off the big girl swing. I remember that day so clearly. Scott told me that Abby was using a big swing at daycare when he picked her up and she was able to do it all by herself. Well, we both wanted to see her do it so we went out into the backyard and let her. At first we were both so cautious and guarded, worried that she was going to fall, but after seeing how good she was doing, we relaxed a little bit and commented on how fabulous she was doing. Well, of course at that moment, she fell face first off the swing. She was alright, but I think Scott and I were more upset than anything. And, Mckenzie was alright. She wasn't going very high or fast and there is a lot of mulch on the playground to cushion her fall. She got back on the swing after a little rest and wanted to go higher and higher. Needless to say, I barely pushed her and she wanted to get off the swing and play somewhere else. Abby found some kids to play with and ran around having a great time. She just had to wear her rain boots and had fun stomping around in the water puddles on the playground. When we got in the truck to go home, Mckenzie asked to watch Diego. When I explained Daddy's truck doesn't play movies, she got a little upset and asked for her paci. I didn't bring one with because I couldn't find one. She has managed to hide/lose 5 pacifiers. Actually, 4. I seemed to have lost one last night when we went to the grocery store. Luckily, I was able to distract her and she didn't throw much of a fit. Both girls actually helped me clean up before bedtime tonight. Abby only grumbled about having to do everything around here once or twice and Mckenzie only picked up one thing, but it is progress. I am looking forward to the day that they pick up after themselves without me nagging them! (I can dream right?) Both girls went to bed like champs. I think not taking a nap is the key for Mckenzie. As much as I would love for her to still nap, I would rather have a peaceful bedtime.

031 copy

035

009

032

1 comment:

Blog Archive

Followers