2.15.2011

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Joy of Love, day 15: Kisses. Ok. I am going to recycle an old photo again today. With all the sick germs floating around this house, there is no way anyone is kissing anyone else! Well, maybe the dog, but she stinks. So, these photos were taken the day that Scott deployed. I couldn't choose which one to post, so I am posting both. Looking at these photos makes me happy and sad at the same time.
037
038

Today was a long day. Mckenzie was coughing last night and ended up in my bed. Abby ended up there too because she was scared. I know she was scared last night because she bolted into my room. If she is just using the scared excuse to sleep in my bed, she has a little smile on her face as she is saying it. Last night, she just jumped into bed. Poor little girl. Needless to say, I don't think anyone got a good nights sleep. Mckenzie has been running a fever all day long. It drops down to 99 or 100 with Motrin and then she starts playing like she feels great! One time today, she was coughing so hard that she threw up. Abby was a great helper and got a change of clothes for M without even whining about it. She did a lot of whining today. They both did. Understandable since M isn't feeling well and Abby just wanted to play with her friends. A friend dropped by a movie the girls hadn't seen and Abby watched that during Mckenzie's nap, twice. She loves My Little Pony and this was one that she hadn't seen. We have the book and she really enjoys reading it. We skyped with Scott today. Mckenzie woke up in time to visit a little bit, but she was a bit cranky and not in the mood to do a lot of chatting. I gave the girls an early bath because they were restless and didn't want to do anymore play doh or water paints and they were starting to argue over every toy. Mckenzie was hand feeding Dakota lunch today and when she got bored with that, she dropped the remaining food in the living room for the dog to eat. At least it gave me the motivation to get the floors vacuumed for the day. I had already done laundry and folded it (yes Scott, I really did fold it right after it came out of the dryer) and even ironed the sheets. Mckenzie didn't eat much dinner, but as soon as it was time for bed, she decided she was hungry. Imagine that. Nothing a little yogurt couldn't fix! I ended up putting Mckenzie to bed in my room. She wouldn't settle down in her own room and she really needed the sleep. I know it was because her fever was back, but it was too early for Motrin. I gave her Tylenol, but that didn't even touch it. I have to give a shout out to Meg who dropped off some much needed Motrin. I thought I had another bottle in the cabinet, but I was wrong. So thank you! I did find the missing piece for the humidifier in the cabinet as I was looking so at least something good came out of the search!

1 comment:

  1. Oldies but goodies :) Sounds like you are making some great friends!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers