2.17.2011

Thursday, February 17, 2011

005edit
009
Alright. I didn't take a joy of love photo today or yesterday. Mckenzie hasn't been feeling well and she has been needing a lot of extra attention the last couple of days. She has been running a 103/104 temp since Monday and this morning she told me her ears hurt. I had already decided last night to call for a sick appointment at the clinic today since the Motrin/Tylenol combo hasn't brought her fever down as much as I would have liked and she hadn't been eating like she should and was looking miserable. . So, I set my alarm so I could call in right away when the desk opened (not that I needed to since Mckenzie had been awake since 4am, crying and coughing and looking just miserable) only to be told there were no sick appointments available and I was more than welcome to use the after hours clinic that opens at 5pm. I couldn't believe it. What kind of clinic doesn't have sick appointments available at 645 in the morning when that is the earliest you can call? Anyway, the receptionist asked if I would like a nurse to call me to offer advice. I said sure, not caring one way or the other since I knew I was doing exactly what she needed. Turns out it was a good thing I had her call me since I got an appointment for Mckenzie when I told her what was going on. I don't understand how the clinic on base works, but it doesn't seem to be that efficient if you ask me. Anyway, we spent the day inside even though it was gorgeous outside and all Abby wanted to do was run around out there. But, the backyard is still a muddy mess and I am not comfortable with her alone in the front yard. I did let Abby blow some steam off in the front yard yesterday while Mckenzie and I watched her from inside, but that really upset Mckenzie and I couldn't do that to her two days in a row. Besides, she never left the couch today and never wanted to be alone, even when I would just go into the kitchen for a couple of minutes. Finally got to the doc late this afternoon to find out she has a bad ear infection and pneumonia. My poor little baby. I hate seeing her so sick. I can't wait for the antibiotics to kick in because she is just miserable. Her fever is still high and all I could give her was the Tylenol because it was too early for the Motrin and it only brought it down a little and did nothing for her ear pain. I remembered I still have some Tylenol #3 leftover from her surgery that I think I will give her the next time she is due for Tylenol. She sleeps for a little bit, then she is up coughing or crying because her ear hurts. I think it hurts so much she doesn't want to suck her paci. She is just holding it in her little hands every time I go in there. When I told Mckenzie it was time for bed and she needed her rest because she was sick, she nestled her head into my shoulder and said "no sick. me want happy" I wish I could make her happy :(

As for Abby, she was super excited to have her friend pick her up for school yesterday. It was nice not to have to take Mckenzie out in the morning. I think the last time I saw Abby so excited for school and so compliant with the morning routine was the first day of school! It made my morning easy! Well, as far as Abby was concerned. I did pick Abby up from school, but one of the other moms brought her to the car for me so I didn't have to get Mckenzie out of the car and bring her into the school. A couple of moms picked up a few things I needed at the store which really helped me out. Who knew I would need so many Kleenex and that Mckenzie would only want to drink orange juice! Abby told me she had a great day at school and begged me to let her play outside. She said her teacher told her they needed to spend hours outside playing since it was finally nice! I let her blow a few bubbles and ride bike for a bit while Mckenzie and I watched from inside. I went out for a bit with Abby, but I went in when Mckenzie started crying because she was alone. Abby has been great these last few days. She has missed church and gymnastics and play dates we had set up with friends and she has been great about it. No whining/crying or acting out in anyway because she isn't able to do what she normally is. She has mentioned that she wished Scott was home so that she could play which breaks my heart. I found her playing with daddy in her room yesterday. She had her Daddy doll sitting out and he was playing cars with her. Apparently he decided whether or not the cars could watch a movie. She had all her cars and trains lined up on her bed facing the window which I guess was supposed to be the movie screen. Very sweet. I am hoping Abby doesn't get sick as well, although I heard her coughing a bit today. No fever yet so my fingers are crossed!
I think I snapped a few photos yesterday of Abby playing outside. I can't remember, but if I did, I will post them tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. Poor baby and poor mommy. I hope M gets to feeling better fast. And the Tylenol 3 might help with the cough too. Bray has some I should save for that reason.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers