4.09.2010

I actually had to wake both girls up this morning so we could meet my friend and her son at this cute little corner bistro for breakfast. Good food, OK service, and a wonderful visit. Then the girls and I headed to the Philadelphia Zoo. I think we picked the wrong day to go because there were a million and one school kids there. It was hard to keep an eye on both girls with so many kids around. Both girls enjoyed watching the giraffes drink water and squealed when the giraffes came closer. They also had a fascination with the snakes and frogs. I think they both would have watched them for hours if I would have let them. Another favorite was the lions and tigers. We had lunch at the zoo and then the girls got to ride the carousel. Abby chose to ride on a frog and Mckenzie got on a tropical bird. It was Mckenzie's first carousel ride and she loved it. She started crying when it was over. The girls also rode in this little train. Well, they call it a train, but it didn't run on tracks; It was a car that drove in circles in a parking lot. Whatever. The kids had a blast. Mckenzie is so short I could only see the top of her head as they drove around and Abby had a smile on her face the whole time. We were getting ready to leave and Abby saw the face painting station. She had wanted to do it earlier in the day but I told her no because the line was too long. Well, when we walked past it again, she said to me "Momma, the line is gone! Can we get our faces painted? I want to be a tiger!" So, needless to say, I drove home with a tiger and a butterfly in the backseat. Mckenzie didn't really like getting her face painted and she cried during most of it. But, she did like to look at herself in the mirror once it was all over! Abby kept growling and pretending she was really a tiger. She even starting crawling on the ground.  She kept saying "Where's Abby. I don't know. She's a tiger now" and "When I take a bath tonight Momma, the tiger is going to be gone and you are going to ask where the tiger went!" As we were leaving the zoo, Abby told me she had a great day with me today. That made our trip even better! Both girls passed out in the car, Mckenzie was literally sleeping before I put the car in reverse to leave the parking lot. It was two hours past her nap time and she was tired! We all just hung out when we got home, doing a little coloring and a little Wii. We talked to Scott a couple of times today which was really nice. At bath time, we tried to wash away the face paint, but Mckenzie still looks a little blue. Maybe it will all rub off over night so she looks normal tomorrow! She didn't want to go to bed tonight. She was shouting my name and when I checked on her, she had thrown both her pacifier and her bear out of the crib. When I gave them back to her, she pushed up on her tip toes thinking I was going to pick her up. No such luck. She is quiet now so hopefully she is down for the night.
Abby showing Mckenzie a frog


Abby asked to have a picture of her and Mckenzie by these flowers.






1 comment:

Blog Archive

Followers