4.07.2010

Why is Mckenzie waking up so early and Abby waking up in the middle of the night? Ugh! Luckily, Abby went back to sleep pretty quickly and Mckenzie is always so happy in the mornings. Guess she is just a morning person! Abby wanted to make french toast for breakfast so we gave it a try. I let Abby crack the eggs and she got so excited because the first one she cracked broke nicely and didn't leave any shells in the egg. Can't say the same for the other one ;) They turned out pretty tasty if I do say so myself! Mckenzie didn't want anything to do with the french toast other than to feed the dog. I really should start strapping the dog in the high chair and save myself the hassle of cleaning the floor! At least Mckenzie left the dog dishes alone today. I don't know how many times I had to change the water out yesterday because someone kept putting dog food in it! We went to a different park this morning for a play date/Mom's club meeting. Abby's friend Ally from school was there and they girls had so much fun playing together. Mckenzie was a little bashful with all the kids around and stuck to the swing. She did go down the slide a couple of times, but she loves swinging. I turned away from Mckenzie for a few seconds to see where Abby was and Mckenzie fell flat on her face on the steps to the slide. I felt so bad. She only got a little scratch, but between that and the heat, she was done for the day. Abby loves the warm weather and I think she would have stayed out all day if I would have let her! She did great when I told her it was time to go. Some days we have problems with that, but fortunately not today. When we we got in the car, Mckenzie was begging me to pull off her shoes. I am glad I did, because they were just a little too small. They are these adorable Mickey Mouse crocs I bought for Abby when she was little and I just found them in the closet today. I was so excited for Mckenzie to wear them, but since her feet are so chubby, today will be the first and last time she gets to wear them. When I put them on Mckenzie this morning, Abby got excited and told me she had a picture of her in those shoes when she was little. Sure enough, Abby ran to get the picture and lo and behold, there was Abby in those shoes. It was not a good day for feet at our house. Abby got blisters from her boots that she was wearing. Yes, it was like 85/90 degrees here today and Abby wanted to wear her boots. Couldn't hardly get her to wear them in the winter as she always wanted to wear her pretty shoes then. Whatever. After nap time, we headed out to Target to get some more sunscreen. I don't know if Mckenzie is allergic to the sunscreen we are using now, but she tends to get a runny nose and red, watery eyes when I use it. So, I will try something else and see if that helps. It could just be seasonal allergies, I don't really know. I didn't feel like cooking and decided to be brave and take the girls out to a sit down restaurant by myself. There was a guy making balloon animals in the restaurant and Abby was so excited to get one. I told her she had to wait her turn and she sat there patiently waiting. Well, the guy finished a few tables in our area and then he walked away. Poor Abby's head dropped and her eyes got all teary. It was heartbreaking! Luckily, he came back a short while later and made both girls animals. Abby wanted an Elmo and Mckenzie got a little bear. They played with them for like 5 seconds and then Abby was wondering where dinner was! We came home and in about 5 minutes, both balloons were destroyed because the girls were batting them around. I took the girls and the dog for a walk tonight and what a challenge it was! That dog of ours was so naughty tonight I was ready to let her go. Every bird, bunny, dog, person, you name it, she was going after it! Three times, she almost made me tip the stroller over. Seriously, the stroller was up on two wheels. Once she was pulling so hard on her leash trying to sniff another dog her collar slipped off. Lucky for me, a nice couple was near us and the guy held onto Dakota while I got her collar and leash back on. I am so tempted to leave her at home, but I know she needs to walk. Poor thing has so much energy, maybe she needs another dog to play with? The girls are down for the night and I managed to get a workout in. Hopefully we will all sleep better tonight.
A few minutes away from the swing!
The boots!
Abby and her friend, Ally
The balloons before they met their demise...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers