4.15.2010

Mckenzie was scheduled for her CT scan today and what a mess the whole thing was. I can never seem to get out of the house on time so of course we were rushing around to leave on time. Didn't happen. Then I checked my purse to make sure the doctor's note was in there, but it wasn't. So, I went back home to get it and I couldn't find it for the life of me. It was with the map quest directions right before I left the house and I had the directions so I have no idea where it went. I headed to the imaging center anyway and it wasn't a big deal at all. All I had to do was get the doctor's office to fax it over and we were all set to get her CT done. Well, Mckenzie had other plans. She didn't want to lay down and she sure as heck didn't want to be restrained. It was horrible to watch her lie there and scream her head off, looking at me to make it stop. I tried everything under the sun to get her to settle down, but nothing worked. My poor baby was shaking so hard and it took a long time for her to settle down. They offered to let me come back later in the day if I thought I could make it work. So, I drove around town until Mckenzie fell asleep and the imaging center was able to get us in right away. Got Mckenzie out of the car, walked across the parking in the bright sun, through the crowded waiting room and she was still asleep. Laid her down on the table, her eyes opened, she looked around and realized where she was and the crying started all over again. So, we didn't get the scan done today. I called the doctor's office and they reordered the scan with sedation, but unfortunately the imaging center I went to today doesn't do sedation. The nurse told me a couple of places that do sedation, now I just need to find out if my insurance will cover it. I have placed a few calls about that, but no answers yet. When we got home Abby asked if she could play outside with Dakota while Mckenzie napped. I said sure and it was so fun to watch the two of them play out there. Mckenzie didn't nap since she had her 20 minute cat nap and we all ended up outside playing for the better part of the afternoon. Abby brought out her little pull behind puppy and was taking it all over the yard. She left it in the garden area because it had to go to school and she loves to tie the dog to anything so it doesn't get away. What an imagination. Mckenzie was busy blowing bubbles and trying to pop them. It amazes me that something so simple can be so entertaining for little ones. I was going to take the girls for a walk, but Abby didn't want to. She said she would rather play in the backyard today. We ate dinner outside again and Abby squealed with delight when I brought out the plates! It was so hard to get them to eat dinner though. Abby was chattering about this and that and Mckenzie just wanted to play in her car. We did bath time and I sent them to bed! I am looking forward to some down time. I guess I did have a few minutes this morning when I lied to the girls and told them I had to go to the bathroom. I really just wanted to paint my toenails without having to paint theirs as well. Abby noticed my toes after they were painted, but luckily, she didn't ask to have hers done too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers