4.14.2010


Today was pajama day at school for Abby and I got to be the parent helper in the morning classroom. I am not sure which Abby was more excited for! Last night all she could talk about was how I was going to school with her and she gets to be the leader of the class (apparently the child who's parent is in the classroom gets to do the weather and stand in front of the line. very exciting stuff for a four year old!). It was a little weird leaving the house in my pajamas. I really enjoyed seeing Abby interact with the other kids in the classroom and spending the time with her this morning. I was a little worried about Mckenzie. She hasn't been away from me since September and she clings to me whenever we are somewhere unfamiliar. But, she did great in the nursery and only cried a little bit. When I picked her up, she shouted "Yeah!" and squeezed my legs. We walked to the park this afternoon and Abby was so interested in the trees along the way. She wanted to know if they were healthy or not. I think it stems from one tree having a few limbs lying on the ground next to it. Abby always wants to know why it is laying there and Mckenzie always says "ohhhh". EVERY time we walk past, I get to answer the SAME question. So we stopped to look at the other trees today to see if they had buds on them and talked about how trees grow. Like always, the girls had fun swinging at the playground. Abby wanted me to push her on the swing and when I did, she giggled and screamed "You tickled my belly Momma!" and asked to go higher. It scares me how high she can go on those swings. She told me she fell off a swing at school today after I left. Nobody at school said anything, but she does have some scratches on her back. I ordered raincoats for the girls from Gymboree and they came today! Mckenzie was excited to wear hers around the house. She looked a little silly running around in a diaper and a raincoat! She didn't want to put her jeans back on after I had changed her. I don't blame her. She always struggles to lift her legs very high when she wears jeans and can do so much more climbing without any pants on at all. After dinner the girls played outside a little more and then it was time to clean up. It is so hard to clean up while Mckenzie is still awake. Seriously, I put something away and she heads straight to it to play with it. Abby is a great helper, although she got side tracked and decided to work on puzzles. It's a good thing we picked up too because I ended up calling the gas company to come out to the house. We have a carbon monoxide/gas detector and it went indicated high gas levels four different times this afternoon. I didn't smell anything, but just to be sure, I wanted someone else to check it out. The guy came out and said there was no leak and told me to buy a different detector for the house. I put Mckenzie to bed and Abby stayed up with me to watch a movie. I had promised her if she was good at the doctor's office on Monday that on Wednesday night her and I would watch a movie and eat some popcorn after Mckenzie went to bed. It was so fun to have a little one on one time. She saw me give Dakota popcorn and just giggled like crazy. Then she looked at me to see if it was okay for her to feed her as well. Each time she threw a piece to the dog, she would giggle. She sure makes me smile. When the movie was over, she went straight to bed without a single argument. She didn't even ask if she could play for a little bit!
Perfect outfit for outdoor play!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers