4.08.2010

Today was one of those days. The girls were whiny, I was cranky, and things just didn't seem to go the way I wanted. One good thing, both girls slept in their own beds all night long! We hung out in out pj's this morning after making french toast again. Abby had a great time helping. Mckenzie on the other hand, was mad she couldn't and kept screaming at me. Lunch time came and Mckenzie was super cranky. In her defense, I did try to feed her 30 minutes later than normal, but she didn't eat a thing. I felt bad putting her down to nap without lunch, but she grabbed her bear and pacifier and snuggled into me. I guess she was more tired than hungry. Abby didn't eat either. I guess I could have skipped the whole lunch thing today, but then what would Dakota have eaten? Abby was excited to watch Princess and the Frog during her quiet time today. She sat on the couch in a trance except when the music was on and then she tried to sing along with it. She doesn't know the words, but she sings anyway, usually getting a word or two right along the way. It's cute to listen too. She does the same thing when we listen to the radio. I called to confirm Mckenzie's doctor appt on Monday with the ENT and when I called, they told me we didn't have an appt. I don't even know what to say about it. Mckenzie has been waiting since January to be seen by the ENT for a lump (most likely a cyst) between her eye and nose. The doctor's office told me that there must be some sort of misunderstanding (on my part) because with my insurance, all appts must be made by the insurance company itself. Didn't sound right to me since I had gotten the referral information in the mail and it said to call for an appt. and if I was unable to get an appt within 28 days, I could get another referral to another physician. But, I couldn't argue with the lady at the doctor's office since I lost my referral paperwork and I couldn't possibly remember what the letter said word for word. Anyway, called the insurance company and they said "no, we don't make your appt. you do that." Blah, blah, blah. So they are sending me the paperwork again, but she said I don't really need it since the doctor's office should already have a copy. I tried to call the doctor's office back, but they were closed for the day. So now I sit and wait until tomorrow to try to fix this little mess. I know it isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of life, but I just want to get this appt over with so I can know for sure what this lump is. I took Dakota to the veterinarian today so I could get her started back on her heart worm prevention. What a chore with that dog and two energetic little ones. They were all running circles in a tiny room while they were trying to teach me to brush Dakota's teeth. I should have lied and said I was already brushing her teeth. Lesson for next time. I cracked open the sliding glass door tonight when I was cooking dinner (it was getting a little smoky in here) and when I called the girls to come eat, they weren't in the living room any more. They had slipped out to the backyard and were happily playing. When Mckenzie saw me, she giggled and started to run away from me. So, we had a picnic outside which made the girls really happy for the first time all day. Mckenzie even ate hamburger, which she never touches. Usually, we sneak it in with some other food and seconds later, she is spitting it out. I was very glad for bedtime tonight and I pray that we are all in better moods tomorrow. I might be crazy, but I am planning to take them to the zoo by myself.
Doing a little Michael Jackson one glove move today!
Running away from me!



Not sure she should be outside without shoes on!

Eating their dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers