4.03.2010

What a busy day for us today! We decided to do Easter today since Scott is not going to be here tomorrow. The Easter bunny left baskets for the girls and they had a blast going through them. Abby just loved her purple duck and Mckenzie loved her chocolate bunny. I guess chocolate makes for a good breakfast! The Easter bunny left silly putty for the girls which turned out to be a big mistake. The dog found it and chewed it all up. We made the girls a real breakfast and then I needed to run to Target. I forgot to buy vinegar when I bought the dye for the Easter eggs. So, when I got back, we dyed Easter eggs. Abby loved just dropping them in and splashing the dye everywhere. Mckenzie wanted to put her fingers in the dye and move her eggs around. She ended up liking pink the best and had three eggs in the bowl at once. After lunch, we dressed the girls in their Easter dresses and had an Easter egg hunt in the backyard. Abby took off running when she saw the eggs on the yard. Mckenzie wasn't quite so sure what to do and she was a little reserved at first, but she did end up getting her fair share of eggs. The girls munched on their finds and played out in the yard awhile. It was another gorgeous day. I am loving this weather! Scott had to leave and Abby had a really hard time with it. She was crying on the ground outside and it didn't matter what I said or did, she only wanted Daddy. So, I took the girls on a walk and to the playground. During our walk, Abby told me she wasn't going to be able to sleep tonight because she wanted to see Daddy. That broke my heart. I hope it isn't like this all the time :( and I hope she sleeps tonight. By the time we got to the park, Abby was in a better mood and Mckenzie was cranky because she wanted out of the stroller. One of Abby's preschool friends was at the park so that was fun for her. We did dinner and played some Wii and it was bedtime. Both girls went down without a fuss so let's hope that means it will be a good night for all!


Lovin' her new purple duck!
Givin' her ducky a little lovin'
Breakfast of champions!
Finished eggs!
Mckenzie's first eggs!
On the hunt for some goodies!
Scott can always make Abby smile!
Not so good, but it is hard to keep the girls smiling by the time the self-timer goes off!
The girl loves some bubbles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers