10.29.2010

Abby was super excited today for school because she got to wear her Halloween costume to class. So this morning, at least, there were no arguments coming from Abby on what she wanted to wear. She is very opinionated when it comes to her clothes and most days, I let her wear what she wants as long as it isn't too inappropriate. Mckenzie, was a little more difficult to get going this morning. She didn't want to wake up (probably because she was so comfortable sleeping on my side of the bed) and when she finally did, she didn't want to get dressed. I managed to get tights on with her pjs before breakfast and that was it. I thought for sure she would want to dress up like Abby so I put her in costume as well. She was fine with it for a few pictures and then she insisted she take it off. Both girls are Ariel, the Little Mermaid. Abby picked it out and Mckenzie followed suit. I decided that if Mckenzie doesn't want to wear her costume to go trick or treating, she can be a Vikings cheerleader. The kid has like three Vikings cheerleader dresses, so I think we will be good if that is what she wants to do!
We dropped Abby off at school and ran to the store to pick up some Halloween candy. We had just enough time to stop by the house to get a quick snack for Mckenzie before heading back to school to watch Abby's class do a Halloween parade outside. It was a great event to be a part of. All the little ones were so proud of their costumes and enjoyed get treats from the parents as the kids paraded by. After they finished, the kids lined up and sang "Five Little Pumpkins" for us. I love watching Abby. She loves to sing and she watches her teacher the entire time to make sure she is doing it right. Well, I shouldn't say all the time. She does give me a wave and a smile every so often! The only part of the morning I didn't particularly love was tripping in a hole in the grass and breaking my flip flop. Not fond of walking around barefoot, especially in parking lots! That's the second pair of flip flops I have broken this year. I do have to say, it was much easier to walk on the pavement this time of year than it was this summer!
Abby and Mckenzie were so excited about all the candy and couldn't hardly wait until we got home. What I thought was really sweet was how Abby offered to share her treats with Mckenzie without me asking her to do so. They both came in the house, sat on the steps and started checking out Abby's loot together. Moments like that melt my heart.
I gambled and put Mckenzie down for a nap today. She was getting very cranky (probably coming down from her sugar high) and I didn't want the afternoon to be a battle if she didn't get some sleep. I figured since it was the weekend it wouldn't really matter if she stayed up a little bit later than normal. It was a risk worth taking, because the afternoon was peaceful and the girls played together so nicely. And, Mckenzie didn't put up a huge fit about going to bed either. I let both girls stay up a half hour late and only had to put Mckenzie back into her room once. Abby didn't want to go to bed, but all I had to do was tell her she wouldn't get to carve pumpkins tomorrow if she didn't go to bed and she was in her bed and settled down within a couple of minutes.







Mckenzie's skirt is a little big and for some strange reason, the waist isn't adjustable. Maybe that is why it was on sale!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers