10.31.2010

Happy Halloween!

Scott ended up on Mckenzie's floor again last night and Abby ended up in bed with me. Something is wrong with this picture, but we were both so tired we didn't have the energy to argue!  I making breakfast on the weekends and today we had eggs and bacon and pancakes! Super yummy! Abby was so excited about putting her Halloween costume on. I think she asked me if it was time yet a thousand times today and when I finally said yes, she screamed very loudly! Mckenzie put her Ariel costume on for about 2 seconds and she was done with it. So, we put her in a Vikings cheerleader uniform. She was much happier with that. Abby was loving her costume and I am guessing she will want to wear it again very soon. We went over to a friends house this afternoon to do trick or treating with a bunch of people. It was a great time and the girls had fun playing with everyone. We went out a little early so it was hit or miss as to who answered their door, but the kids had a blast anyway. It was so fun to see them run from door to door. Mckenzie got a little tired and fussy, but she is still transitioning away from naps so that is completely understandable. Also, it was windy and the girl does not like the wind. We did a second round of trick or treating with the bigger kids after it got dark. Abby loved being outside in the dark, although she started fading pretty quickly as it was getting close to bedtime. Mckenzie stayed back with Scott to watch football and eat cupcakes and whatever else she could get her little hands on! Today was so much fun for all of us. The kids had a fantastic time trick or treating and for me, I just loved seeing the smiles on their faces and the excitement in their step. I know that soon enough they will be too big to let me tag along as they go out on Halloween and I am thankful that I get to spend this time with them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers