10.13.2010

Today we drove over to Lakota to see my Aunt Joyce and Uncle Kermit. It was so nice to see them and get to spend some time at her house. My Aunt really reminds me of my Grandma Hietala so it is always nice to visit with her. Reminds me of what a wonderful Grandma I had growing up and makes me wish we lived closer to our families so my girls could experience family the way I did growing up! I know Scott feels the same way. But, it is just one of those things in life. We make the most of the limited time we have with our family and always seem to find friends wherever we move that are just like family to help fill the gap. Anyway, we were looking through old photos and I saw a picture of my Grandparents from 1929. I didn’t even recognize them! They were so young and looked so happy! My Mom and Ashley took the girls back home with them and Scott and I headed to Grand Forks for another mini date! We went to lunch at Paradiso, our favorite Mexican restaurant! It was so tasty! Then we headed to Cabella’s and Scheels to find some UND stuff. There is a fabulous Fighting Sioux Mirror that we would love to have, but we don’t want to risk moving it around with us from place to place. We got to see a good college friend of Scott’s. Brian is now a police officer in Grand Forks and it was good to see him. We met him in the parking lot of Scheels and when Scott saw him pulling in, he started running. Of course, Brian sped up and put on the lights for Scott. Those two just love to goof off! We headed back home for a quick dinner with the family and then we headed over to my friend Crystal’s house. We had a great time visiting, although the time went by too quickly. There never seems to be enough evening hours when we are visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers