3.10.2010

Both girls were up early again today. I heard Mckenzie shout "MAMA" but Scott got her so I could sleep a little longer :) He was up anyway so it worked out well. Abby was up shortly after that, ready to go to school. She did great again today when I dropped her off. She saw her friend Ally and they stood in line together and went into class together. I don't think Abby even heard me say goodbye! I am so glad she is adjusting to this new classroom; it makes it so much easier to drop her off!
Mckenzie and I headed to the post office (sorry your b-day will be late Laurie) and then we went to a MOMs club meeting. It was our first visit and it was quite nice. All the moms were really nice and I wasn't the only new one there so that helped too. Mckenzie was really shy and kept clinging to my legs. The kids got to play with a big parachute and Mckenzie seemed to enjoy that.  They also did bubble and Mckenzie stood and watched while all the other kids chased them. She finally bent down to touch one, but it popped before she could touch it. We came home and it was lunch time (I think Mckenzie is going through a grow spurt; she ate all the noodles from a can of soup. She tried to drink a little of the broth, failing miserably and soaking her pants and shirt!) and then naptime.
Picked up Abby from school and she told me about making something in chef class with eggs, sugar, and milk. She wasn't sure what she made so it remains a mystery... She enjoyed her day and asked when she could go back.
A quick trip to Target, yes I said Target. I know I put myself on probation from that store, but I didn't even break a $50. Besides, Abby needed some mouthwash. Where else could I possibly buy that? I think Abby asked at least 100 questions while we were in Target. Everything item we passed, she would ask if we had it.  We went buy the Easter aisle and it changed from questions to I would really like this. Every toy she picked up, she said " I would like to have this."  She didn't forget her sister either. She asked if we could buy a number of toys/candy for Mckenzie as well. At least she is thoughtful!  On the way home, Abby asked if we could go to Chick-fil-A for dinner. I said no, but she kept saying she wanted to go to a restaurant. So when we got home, Scott was already there and the first thing she asked him was if we could go to a restaurant. So, we ended up at this diner where the average age had to have been seventy five. Seriously. If you added up all of our ages, we still would be younger than the people in there. That said, it was a pretty good diner and it was cheap! We got salad, bread, soup, a meal, and ice cream for $10. The girls just loved the ice cream and the sugar high kicked in just a few minutes after. Mckenzie was out of her high chair, running from one side of the table to the other, shouting "HI" with a big grin on her face.

1 comment:

  1. Barb, no worries about the card. I'm pretty sure I forgot to send you one this year. I'm BAD about that. It doesn't mean I didn't think about you, just that I'm a horrible friend. MOMS Club is great. I have met so many wonderful women here through it. I don't really do anything more than playgroups anymore, but it is awesome. Try finding a MOPS group too. I love, love, love my MOPS group. Everyone is so much more 'real' if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers