3.02.2010

Mckenzie had her 18 month well-baby check up today so we were up bright and early. Even so we were just about late to our appt as it seems like days we have to get out of the house, it takes forever to get dressed, eat breakfast, etc. and I didn't realize how many school zones I had to drive through to get to base. I think as soon as Mckenzie sees the ENT, we will see if we can switch back to a civilian provider. I don't think the quality of care we are getting is bad; I just don't like our pediatrician. She isn't very welcoming and didn't even appear to remotely remember us from our last visit which was only a month ago. So different than our pediatrician in Florida. From day one she made us feel like we had been seeing her for years. It was always a comfortable experience when we went to see her. Anyway... Both girls needed immunizations so we did that as well. I think it is even harder to watch Abby get shots as she is older because she reacts so much more to them now than as a baby.  Mckenzie didn't like hers either and stuck her bottom lip out as far as it would go and refused to walk out of the clinic on her own.  We did a quick trip to the commissary and we were back home for the day. Abby was playing in her room today and I could over hear her talking. I have no idea what she was playing with, but I heard her say "Take me to where I live on the C 17!" and "This place is so cool!". I love how her imagination has blossomed. She was also talking about kissing, so we asked her about it tonight. She told us a boy at school tried to kiss her and she didn't let him because she didn't like him. Hopefully, that was just her imagination in play, but I am not so sure. One of the moms saw us in the hall at school yesterday and said to Abby "You must be the new girl. I have heard all about you." I, of course, was worried she had done something, but the mom said her little boy had told her all about the new girl with blonde hair.
Scott got home from his quick trip today. The girls were both so excited to see him. He brought them both lockboxes from Turkey and I think they both really liked them. Abby was so excited to put her 'julia' (jewelry~she still can't pronounce that word) in her box and Mckenzie liked opening/closing hers. I am glad he is home, but it sounds like things are going to get busy for him pretty quickly.
Abby wouldn't let me take a picture of her until she finished putting stuff in her 'julia' box. Then she ran over and posed for a quick pic for me. I think she looks so grown up in this picture.

1 comment:

  1. They look so sweet opening their "julia" boxes :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers