3.06.2010

It was a quiet Saturday around here. We hung out and played most of the day. Abby picked out her own clothes today and it was quite the combination. She had on a red Wiggles t-shirt with a brown skirt with pink polka dots and gray and white striped leggings. I should have gotten a picture, but we were too busy arguing over what shoes she could wear. She wanted to wear a pair of sandals and I didn't think that was the greatest idea considering it was only in the 50's.  I didn't even suspect we were going to have a problem picking out shoes because Abby had come to me and said so excitedly "Momma, the snow is gone! Now I can wear my pretty shoes!". I agreed because "pretty shoes" has always meant her sparkly dress shoes. If she wanted to wear them today, that was fine by me. Unfortunately, she started digging through her shoes and decided a pair of pink beach sandals would be a much better choice. After much negotiation, we settled on a much more winter appropriate pair of shoes. 
We headed to the furniture store to pick up our tv stand for the guest bedroom. Scott and I both had intentions of coming home and eating leftovers for dinner, but once we were out, we both knew we would be eating out somewhere. We decided on Hooters as wings sounded good. It was a big mistake. They were the greasiest wings I have ever eaten. They were just sitting in a pool of nastiness. The manager was going from table to table asking how things were. Scott just asked him if it was normal to be so greasy and he basically said yes. The sauce I picked was 60% butter! GROSS! If never would have ordered them if I had known that. 
We got home and Mckenzie told me she had to use the potty. Cute thing was, she grabbed her book to take to the potty with her! If we can get Mckenzie to learn how to undress herself, I think we can give this potty training a serious try. I would love to have her out of diapers by 2!
I didn't take any pics of the girls today, but I did get a picture of Dakota on the couch last night. We never let her on any of the furniture, but she looked so sad last night that I caved in and let her up. She just loved it and snuggled on it like she had always slept there.

2 comments:

  1. I would potty train if I were you. Having a boy, they learn to undress MUCH later than girls. Delia can already do what Ben could do at almost three. Go for it! (And some of Ben's friends STILL don't put their clothes on--they are all over 3 years.) Delia say's "I ont see" every time we take a diaper off, poop must be interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. About M and her book....like father like daughter huh? LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers