3.03.2010

Today Abby did so amazing when I dropped her off at school. She said hello to Mrs. Sharpe and went right in the classroom. YAY!!! I guess I should have bribed her with an extra star for her rewards chart sooner.  She brought her Hello Kitty stuffed animal with her for show and tell and left lambie at home. I couldn't believe she didn't want to take lambie with her. She hasn't been needing her as much. Lately, I have noticed lambie will spend a good portion of the day strewn across Abby's bed. My little girl is growing up! Now, if only we could break that thumb sucking habit.  Any suggestions? Abby got to make green eggs and ham in her chef class today. She was so excited to tell me all about them when I picked her up, that is until I asked her how they tasted. She disappointedly said "just like eggs."  She asked if we were having green eggs for dinner. Unfortunately, we couldn't as I didn't have any food coloring. Maybe I should pick some up next time I am at the store.  Mckenzie and I ran to Target to pick up some dog food, which I forgot to get the first time I checked out. Yep, I made it all the way to the car after making my purchases and realized I had forgotten to buy the one thing I really needed. I found some cute clothes for the girls and lotion for myself, all things we don't really need.  So we turned around and went back in. I guess it wouldn't have been that big a deal if I never bought dog food again. That dog always seems to get enough from the kiddos. Mckenzie and I came home, read some books, did a little coloring, had some lunch, and finally naptime!

Scott gave the kids a bath and put them to bed tonight. Abby was begging Scott to let her stay up a little later, but she finally caved and went to bed. I am sure her wanting to do that had nothing to do with me letting her stay up a little later while Scott was gone. Shhhh, don't tell Scott ;)  I had to go to a meeting for Abby's preschool this evening and it wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be. It is really hard coming into a school in the middle of the year that is so dependent on parent involvement. I have no idea what is going on or when I am supposed to be doing it.  I did find out that the morning class for next year is already full, so Abby will have to be wait-listed for that. There is plenty of room in the afternoon class though, so we won't have to find a different school. I really hope she can get into the morning class. I think she is more attentive and would get so much more from it. I talked to her teacher for awhile and it seems as though Abby is really starting to get into a groove at the school.  She also commented on Abby's laugh. Abby has the sweetest, most infectious laugh ever. It just makes me smile whenever I think about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers