8.19.2010

Abby got up with Scott this morning and she headed downstairs and had breakfast with him. I didn't even realize she was awake until I got up about 45 minutes after Scott left. She was content to watch Nick Jr and eat her breakfast. Mckenzie got up shortly after I did and was ready to play! The girls were great while I cleaned the house and did many loads of laundry today. Only a few tantrums, usually when I was on the phone, but overall they behaved well. It was fun to watch them play with the Cars together, crashing into one another and chasing each other. I love that Mckenzie is getting to the age she can play by herself for a little while too. She worked on some puzzles by herself and when she had trouble, Abby helped her out! Abby played with her barbies and practiced ballet during Mckenzie's nap time. She really seems interested in ballet and I am thinking of enrolling her in a class. Not sure though if I want to continue with gymnastics and add ballet or just do ballet. After nap, the we played outside. Abby and I played baseball while Mckenzie played with her dolls. The girls also rode their bike/trikes. Abby was so excited she make a u-turn on her bike without getting off. She has been working on that for awhile now and she was so proud of herself for finally doing it. Mckenzie is trying hard to peddle her trike on her own. She got so mad when she couldn't do it all by herself. She gets a little distance and then can't go any farther. I am not sure if she got more mad that she couldn't do it or that I tried pushing the trike when she couldn't. Scott came home and the girls played with him while I got dinner going. I feel so domestic today, cleaning, laundry, cooking, watching the kids... After dinner the kids and Scott played a little Wii. Abby still gets super excited when she gets a strike! Scott gave the girls a bath and I managed to get all the girls' clothes folded and put away. Scott took a video of Abby wishing on a star out our bedroom window. She wished for a star and a mailbox just for her and Mckenzie. Then both girls laughed like crazy watching themselves on the video. I wish I could have had a video of them watching themselves. Their giggles were so genuine and happy. I loved it!  The girls are in bed now, but I can still hear Mckenzie banging her feet into the side of her crib. She has started talking to herself and playing for quite some time before falling asleep at night. At least she is happy doing it and doesn't cry or try to get out of her crib (that I know of anyway)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers