8.17.2010

We took Dakota to the vet to get her kennel cough vaccine today as we are going to Washington, D.C next week! Yeah! A mini vacation! It is so hard to get that dog and two kids into the vet's office and to top it off there was another dog in the waiting area that wanted to bark at Dakota and play with her! Dakota is so strong and I could hardly hold onto her once she saw that other dog. The visit lasted literally 2 minutes and since we didn't even leave the waiting area, I started to leave without paying! Thankfully, the receptionist politely reminded me to pay! Needless to say, I was embarrassed! We brought the dog back home and then ran errands. The girls were good and didn't pitch a fit when I said they couldn't have Chick fil A. We came home, had lunch and then the girls played together before Mckenzie's nap. They were playing dog again today. At least Abby was dog for part of the time and not just Mckenzie. After nap, the girls went swimming out back. The wasps are finally gone and we can enjoy our backyard again! They had a blast and of course, they ended up getting out the water hose to replenish all the water they dumped out. They played together so well today, although they were a bit mischievous at times. I told them we needed to turn off the hose and neither one was too happy about that. I saw Abby and Mckenzie whispering and then Mckenzie ran over to the water faucet. She stopped when she got close and there was Abby, cheering her on to turn on the water. Silly girls! I can see trouble with those two in the future! We finished swimming and came in for a bath. Scott came home and we had dinner. It was fun to watch the girls play with Scott tonight. He gets the biggest laughs out of both of them. I love to listen while they play.




1 comment:

  1. I need to go to your vet. It literally took 30 minutes just to pick our dogs up the other day. My mom was waiting in the car with the kids. It makes me so mad. How hard is it to go get two dogs and bring them to me???? I'm sure it wasn't 30 mintutes of hard work! If I had the kids with me inside, I would have been really perturbed!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers