8.20.2010

I was planning on taking the girls to the park today, but our friends couldn't make it, so I took the girls to Target instead. Luckily, I hadn't told the girls of my plans so it was easy to back out. We wandered around Target looking for the right pictures frames for a couple of pieces of Abby's artwork. I found what I was looking for and Abby was excited to frame her pics! Although, I think she was more excited to find the red glitter shoes she so loves. She got her first pair as a gift for her third birthday from her bff Jordan and has had to have a new pair every time she outgrows them. She loves them. I am worried about the day they no longer make them in her size! Tried to find a pair of tennis shoes for Mckenzie since it will be getting cold soon and sandals won't work anymore, but her little feet are still so chubby. I tried several different sizes and every time she said "tight" with a frown on her face. Maybe I can just put socks on with her sandals! I took the girls to Chick fil A for lunch and some playtime. The girls found new friends to play with and couldn't get enough of the slide. Abby and I played school and with Lego's while Mckenzie took a short nap. I forgot to buy insecticide for all these spiders we have hanging around our yard when we were at Target so I decided to brave Walmart. BIG MISTAKE!!! The store is filthy and just nasty. Needless to say, it was as quick a trip as I could make it. If we hadn't walked past the toys, we would have been out of there faster. Even Abby noticed how gross the store was. Well, maybe she heard me freak out over how nasty the floor was when Mckenzie started to throw a temper tantrum, dropped bearie on the floor and laid down on the floor. I seriously wish there was a decontamination station as you exit that store. I remember now why I drive farther just to go to Target. I bought some spot cleaner for the carpet and for the couch today. The couch looks great, although I pretty much cleaned the entire couch so it wasn't really a spot clean. The carpet isn't as bad as the couch. Just a few little spots here and there, but I could only do the living room as the kids were playing in the family room. At least that floor looks new again. I can't stand having little spots pop up on the carpets. When Scott got home, we headed out to eat. We ordered pasta with butter for the girls and I think they misheard us. It came out butter with a small side of pasta. I soaked three napkins with the extra butter on that pasta! Got the girls ice cream for a snack and came home to get them to bed. We still haven't heard the official word on Scott's deployment. We are hopeful it will only be 60 days instead of 120. I just wish we would find out soon so we can make some plans for this fall. I never got around to taking any pics today. I am sure I will have plenty tomorrow though as we are going to see the Wiggles! The girls are going to be so excited! I can't wait to see their faces!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know Scott was being deployed! That stinks. I hope it is the shortest amount of time possible. I don't know how you guys do it. :(

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers